Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce my company, ARID Products, and our flagship product, the Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC). I'm not trying to spam for the sake of selling stuff (we are still pre-production and have nothing to sell), I just wanted you guys be able to see what's coming... mostly so I put pressure on myself to get things moving quickly! If pictures are worth a thousand words, video is an an encyclopedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbcw...ature=youtu.be

(Not sure if M4C has video embedding... if it does, I don't know how to do it!)

Alpha testing is rapping up, and once a few tweaks and changes are implemented, we will begin beta testing. I can't comment yet on expected MSRP, there are just too many variables associated with production costs at this point. We plan to have this available in 12 gauge for the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500/590. We aren't ruling out other models or calibers down the road, but that's where we plan to start. While the magazines in the video are black, we plan to have a variety of colors available- both to match furniture as well as using for load differentiation (different colored magazines for different loads).

The easiest way to see updates as we progress through development is via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/aridusindustries) and Instagram (https://instagram.com/aridus_industries) as our website isn't up yet. Thanks for checking it out! I'll do my best to answer any questions or inquiries!
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 02-14-17 at 12:11.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Tyler, (I assume)

This is really an ingenious product. One thing I really do not like about soft shell carriers is that the elastic loops never seen to be able to hold on to shells during recoil. How secure is your retention?

Also, what are the materials of the receiver and "magazine" made out of?

Thanks,
    Grant

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry, I should have specified in the original post, this is Adam from the video, Tyler is the man behind the camera work and editing. We use stainless steel springs for retention that are more reliable than any other type of carrier we have tested. In hundreds of rounds of buckshot and slugs, we have never had a round fall out from recoil. We still aren't satisfied and a lot of the fine tuning we have to do involves perfecting the retention. Here's a pic to give you an idea.

The receiver adapter is machined from 6061 aluminum. The prototype magazine is machined from delrin and uses an aluminum back plate. For production, the plastic part on the magazine will be injection molded, likely from a glass filled nylon.
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 03-04-15 at 07:02.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is going to replace a lot of shitty nylon, and huge heavy outdated saddles out there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce my company, ARID Products, and our flagship product, the Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC). I'm not trying to spam for the sake of selling stuff (we are still pre-production and have nothing to sell), I just wanted you guys be able to see what's coming... mostly so I put pressure on myself to get things moving quickly! If pictures are worth a thousand words, video is an an encyclopedia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbcw...ature=youtu.be

(Not sure if M4C has video embedding... if it does, I don't know how to do it!)

Alpha testing is rapping up, and once a few tweaks and changes are implemented, we will begin beta testing. I can't comment yet on expected MSRP, there are just too many variables associated with production costs at this point. We plan to have this available in 12 gauge for the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500/590. We aren't ruling out other models or calibers down the road, but that's where we plan to start. While the magazines in the video are black, we plan to have a variety of colors available- both to match furniture as well as using for load differentiation (different colored magazines for different loads).

The easiest way to see updates as we progress through development is via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ARIDProducts) and Instagram (arid_products) as our website isn't up yet. Thanks for checking it out! I'll do my best to answer any questions or inquiries!
    Embed:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice to see you're on M4C!! Can't wait to get ahold of one ��
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just got my beta test unit, went on super easy, feels tight and well made
    Now to get to shooting!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Any update on these?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Any update on these?
    Yep! We currently have 7 people beta testing the 870 units. Alpha testing for the 500/590 model should finish up next week, and if all goes well we should enter Mossberg beta testing in early July. Both ShawnL and tzook have test units, so they may be able to chime in on how it is all going!
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 06-05-15 at 22:15.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast