Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Any updates? I'm very interested in this for an 870 I have.
    In terms of pricing, no updates yet, however development is moving along well and timetables for production and release are being worked on... All the factors work together, so hopefully there will be solid news in terms of pricing and availability in the not too distant future
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looking forward to trying this out on a 930 in shotgun classes I teach.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    Anymore updates Spydy?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Anymore updates Spydy?
    Yep! Here's a copy and pasted update from the company's Facebook page:

Ok everyone, here's the plan. The biggest hurdle to get the Q-DC to market is going to be purchasing the injection mold to make the plastic carriers. The goal right now is to begin a crowd funding campaign in October to at least partially (if not fully) fund the mold. Until then, we are beginning to machine the aluminum parts (carrier back plates and receiver adapters), as these are more time consuming. This way, once the mold is made, it should be short turn around until shipping. This is, of course, subject to change, but I wanted to bring you all up to speed as to what our plan is. Thanks, and stay tuned for more updates!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I missed this thread until now, this is pretty cool. I do need something for my 870. What's the weight look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I missed this thread until now, this is pretty cool. I do need something for my 870. What's the weight look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Objectively, I need to get a scale to weigh it. Subjectively, I've had beta testers tell me they were surprised how light it was for how robust it is, and when it's installed there's no perceivable difference between it and other rigid carriers. Ultimately that means next to nothing and I really need to get a scale lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Yep! Here's a copy and pasted update from the company's Facebook page:

Ok everyone, here's the plan. The biggest hurdle to get the Q-DC to market is going to be purchasing the injection mold to make the plastic carriers. The goal right now is to begin a crowd funding campaign in October to at least partially (if not fully) fund the mold. Until then, we are beginning to machine the aluminum parts (carrier back plates and receiver adapters), as these are more time consuming. This way, once the mold is made, it should be short turn around until shipping. This is, of course, subject to change, but I wanted to bring you all up to speed as to what our plan is. Thanks, and stay tuned for more updates!
    Most excellent. Can't wait to get one.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's an in depth look at the retention system. We videoed this spur of the moment, so it's not great and there's some shooting in the background, but it should get the point across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6e...ature=youtu.be

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Man, I wish I could be a tester for this on my M1014.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Looking forward to new developments. Any chance you can update us here as well? I'm a grizzled old fart that don't cotton much to Facebook.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast