Thread: 10.5" Wolverine SBR Completed!

Feedback Score

10.5" Wolverine SBR Completed!

This build started out with the idea of cheap, fun blasting. I built up a 300blk pistol, and shortly after I finished the build, 8.2" 6.8spc barrels became available so I traded out the BLK setup for the 6.8 since that was what all my rifles were.

A few months after that I got my 16" 277WLV. It performed so well that I decided to sell off all of my 6.8 gear to re-barrel in 277wlv. I put a 10.5" on the pistol and was extremely pleased to find that the 10.5" WLV matches the velocity of my previous 8.2" 6.8spc barrel! I chose a 1:7" twist barrel to stabilize bullets 150g and heavier at subsonic speeds while still shooting supers accurately.

Then the NFA bug hit and the pistol wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    Form 1 eFiled 1/18 and approved 3/2

I threw the stock on it an have been waiting for the weekend! Now that I have a stock, I'll be replacing the red dot with a 1-4x scope of sorts.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Very nice. How heavy of a buffer did you go with?

Feedback Score
    Its just a standard buffer. I may put an adjustable gas block or gas key on it when I start running the subs, but so far I haven't needed anything special to make my 277WLVs run reliably.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Right on , that's exactly what I did on the 11.5 one I just finished. Just waiting for uncle Sam approval to slap the regular stock on. After researching the subject it seams that doing the adjustable gas block instead of a heavier buffer is the way the correct way to do it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice! What forward grip are you using there?

Feedback Score
    Finally got out to the range for a short session. I was mostly testing velocities and checking function. I ran a mag of 110g Sierra ProHunters through it with no issues at all. This is a known load for my 16" and was running at 2360fps. I then ran a ladder of 90g Speer TNTs and topped out at 2550fps for a warm, but safe load. I'll hit the range again soon with a smaller ladder on either side of the 2550 load to check for accuracy once my new optic arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by cosme9242 View Post
    Right on , that's exactly what I did on the 11.5 one I just finished. Just waiting for uncle Sam approval to slap the regular stock on. After researching the subject it seams that doing the adjustable gas block instead of a heavier buffer is the way the correct way to do it.
    I agree, I see buffers and springs as band-aids for gassing issues. Common sense dictates that if you are over gassed, reduce the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Very nice! What forward grip are you using there?
    Thats a strike industries afg. Its okay, but now that I have the stamp, I think I'm going to throw a short VFG on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cant wait to retire and move to a free state. Great looking SBR