Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 870 project (short barrel, etc)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zonerA1 View Post
    I just slipped the webbing under the rib and around the barrel and attached it with two plastic slides. The sling I made from 1" webbing and fittings....less than ten bucks in parts
    Thanks.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Sweet setup!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zonerA1 View Post
    I keep my HD shotguns pretty simple....I finished one yesterday. A buddy gave me a Ithaca m37 featherweight. 12 ga pumpgun. It had a broken firing pin and bad corrosion on the for end slide. Cost me $65 to fix those issues. I cut down the vr barrel to 18.5"(hacksaw),cleaned up the muzzle(flat file). I'm 6'2" and 12" lop is toooo short, so I cut down the buttstock and reground the recoil pad to fit, lop 13". Added buttstock shell holder, made an adjustable 2 point sling, and finally drilled and tapped vr and reinstalled original m37 raybar sight......I don't think I need any more mods to this shotgun
    update.....couldn't leave the M37 alone....added a Marbles Tritium bead....Mike

Feedback Score
    BA Baracus, how did you attach your sling near the receiver?

Right now I am running a magpul barrel clamp on the barrel and extension tube but was looking for a better sling attachment than the factory installed point under the stock near the recoil pad. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    My first custom firearm was a lightly used 870. Swapped furniture and refinished it. Haven't stopped building guns from kits or a bare receiver since! Addictive hobby!

Feedback Score
    IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg

870 magnum
    Ported barrel
    Wilson sights
    VC follower and safety
    Magpul furniture
    Cerakoted
    Last edited by maca1; 02-11-17 at 06:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maca1 View Post
    IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg

870 magnum
    Ported barrel
    Wilson sights
    VC follower and safety
    Magpul furniture
    Cerakoted

Very nice, I'm a big fan of the magpul shotgun furniture. Looks very comfortable to me!

Ben

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234