Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my saker 762 and...questions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Picked up my saker 762 and...questions.

1. I thought the 762 didn't have "hoplon" baffles? Yet it clearly touts them on the box right below the SAKER 762 logo.

2. No pouch of any kind. Did they stop giving them out at all for a spell or did silencer shop screw me?

3. I bought a 556 flash hider end cap elsewhere. The package says "556" on it but the hole is EXACTLY the same size as my standard 762 end cap. Did I get a 762 flash hider cap somehow?

If so, I'm cool with that. Just want to know.

Thanks people...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc63sallad View Post
    3. I bought a 556 flash hider end cap elsewhere. The package says "556" on it but the hole is EXACTLY the same size as my standard 762 end cap. Did I get a 762 flash hider cap somehow?
    You should measure the hole.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    The holes should be different sizes.

As far as the pouch, SiCo has completely changed their packaging. Nicer box, and the can is tucked into some foam instead of in the big velcro enclosed pouch. Some get a little drawstring bag, some get nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got my Saker 556 august 2014 and didn't get a pouch either, had the same thought that the dealer "forgot" it. I was going to bitch to SiCo about it but procrastination has bested me thus far in that endeavor. Now I'm not sure what to do. Last month I got a SiCo harvester and it DID include a black velcro pouch similar to those that ship with the specwars. Maybe Nick will see this thread and chime in with what actually ships with SiCo's cans now.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I purchased mine in late July from silencershop, and it came with the pouch.

Also, just a tip if you haven't used a MAAD mount before. If it seems like the can is stuck and won't come off, all you have to do is hit it with the palm of your hand at the 12/3/6/9 o'clock positions near the muzzle end. It'll come off easily after doing this.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I purchased mine in late July from silencershop, and it came with the pouch.

Also, just a tip if you haven't used a MAAD mount before. If it seems like the can is stuck and won't come off, all you have to do is hit it with the palm of your hand at the 12/3/6/9 o'clock positions near the muzzle end. It'll come off easily after doing this.

Thanks, I've read about people getting it stuck on but seems like the only "trick" was to use a rubber mallet. I put a little oil on the maad mount before I ran to the range. Only put 60 rounds through it but it installed and removed fine. I was sure it was going to get stuck after what I've read...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Got my Saker 556 august 2014 and didn't get a pouch either, had the same thought that the dealer "forgot" it. I was going to bitch to SiCo about it but procrastination has bested me thus far in that endeavor. Now I'm not sure what to do. Last month I got a SiCo harvester and it DID include a black velcro pouch similar to those that ship with the specwars. Maybe Nick will see this thread and chime in with what actually ships with SiCo's cans now.
    You should email silencerco. I just did and was told they are going to send me a MOLLE pouch.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to pick up my Saker from SS tomorrow. I wonder if I get a pouch...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    The holes should be different sizes.

As far as the pouch, SiCo has completely changed their packaging. Nicer box, and the can is tucked into some foam instead of in the big velcro enclosed pouch. Some get a little drawstring bag, some get nothing.
    I can fit an entire 223 or 300 BLK cartridge thru both the standard 762 end cap that came on the suppressor and
    the 556 flash hider end cap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sc63sallad View Post
    I can fit an entire 223 or 300 BLK cartridge thru both the standard 762 end cap that came on the suppressor and the 556 flash hider end cap.
    Pulled my caps off the cans and tried to get a couple pics. Even without grabbing the calipers, it's very evident they're not the same size.

556 flat cap at the top, 556 flash hider cap bottom left, 762 flat cap bottom right:

And then if I hold the 762 flat cap and 556 FH cap back to back like this:

You can clearly see the smaller diameter 556 hole through 762 hole:

So, it would seem your 556 FH cap is not exactly as it was labeled. If I try to push a 300BLK round through the 556 cap, it stops on the bullet, never even making it to the brass:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-05-15 at 12:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast