Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blem Aero Lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    I understand now. Just a misinterpretation. I thought you were saying the product title didn't indicate a blem but the description did. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've done the same thing man, no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    If I didn't buy a blem and a blem showed up I'd send it back. A little more difficult after the transfer but a good place will def work with you. If you transfer fee is high it may not be worth the trouble of paying it twice though.
    I'm already looking down the road, if this costs me $20 to transfer it out and then $20 to receive it I'd be darn near paying full pop for the set! I see the writing on the wall and it really ain't that bad. The upper is flawless though.

Feedback Score
    I'll buy it from you pm me it wouldn't bother me.

Feedback Score
    Never mind didn't read good enough thought it was fde.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    I've done the same thing man, no worries!

I'm already looking down the road, if this costs me $20 to transfer it out and then $20 to receive it I'd be darn near paying full pop for the set! I see the writing on the wall and it really ain't that bad. The upper is flawless though.
    Transfer out? I don't even know what that means do you live in Kali or NY or something?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Contact AP to see if it was a blem or a mistake in their QC perocess. If it was a mistake, they may replace it and you won't have to pay for a transfer. If it was sent out as a blem, the vendor should refund some $$$, although AP blems don't really sell at a big discount.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Reading is critical. He didn't buy a blem lower, he bought what was advertised as a new lower with no mention of it being blemished.

OP, I'd be a little ticked off at a company misrepresenting their goods too so I get it. But in this case with what the blems actually are and the hassle of returning the one you have for a new one Id probably just call out the seller and chalk it up as a lesson learned. They probably thought they were good enough to pass them off as new and reached with this particular lower. F'em and enjoy the build.
    Totally spaced this part myself.
    In the matter of principle, using the blem statement as parameters, Id be pissed.

It then just comes down to like you said. Put it on the glass for posterity and build it.
    But if OP is not in a hurry to build and perfection is critical, then of course he should send it back. And regarding the blem parameters, the company should make it right.

I cant recall if/where he said he got it from but I just acquired an Anderson Manufacturing LR for my next build from Primary Arms. They had some good deals on the AP LR's there if he wants to spend with someone else.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jester556 View Post
    I have 2 aero blem lowers and both of them are junk. I can put a loaded mag in both stripped lowers and they dont fall free. I would get rid of them and cut your loses.
    Did you contact AP about the mag well issue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Transfer out? I don't even know what that means do you live in Kali or NY or something?
    HA! Forgive my ignorance regarding transfers and I live in GA. I've never had to return a firearm or send one off so I didn't know if there was a transfer fee attached to outgoing shipments. I assuming now that there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Contact AP to see if it was a blem or a mistake in their QC perocess. If it was a mistake, they may replace it and you won't have to pay for a transfer. If it was sent out as a blem, the vendor should refund some $$$, although AP blems don't really sell at a big discount.
    I may go that route if the dealer doesn't get back to me. It's been about 8 hours since I sent him the photos of the lower, and I've gotten the answering service at his store both times I tried to call. Not looking good, but I've been in sales and have had extremly busy days so I'll have to wait and see. He stated in his initial email to me that he no longer sells Aero blems and said that what I perceived as blemishes may be within Aero's tolerances. I don't think mine fit into that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    Totally spaced this part myself.
    In the matter of principle, using the blem statement as parameters, Id be pissed.

It then just comes down to like you said. Put it on the glass for posterity and build it.
    But if OP is not in a hurry to build and perfection is critical, then of course he should send it back. And regarding the blem parameters, the company should make it right.

I cant recall if/where he said he got it from but I just acquired an Anderson Manufacturing LR for my next build from Primary Arms. They had some good deals on the AP LR's there if he wants to spend with someone else.
    It's funny that you bring up Anderson Manufacturing. I bought one of those also about 3 weeks ago. Really nice lower, and I picked up an upper as well. To tell you the truth I actually recommended this seller to some friends after I saw the deal. They are all new to AR's and have only shot mine, but once they did they wanted their own. A local gun store had the Andersons for 39.99 when I bought mine and told them to get down there and buy their own. Well, by the time they had gotten there they were sold out. That's when I found the Aero's at this dealer. Luckily none of them ordered yet and only I am "stuck".

Looks like Primary may be the ticket. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The way it was worded, I also thought he was buying a blemished lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Reading is critical. He didn't buy a blem lower, he bought what was advertised as a new lower with no mention of it being blemished.

OP, I'd be a little ticked off at a company misrepresenting their goods too so I get it. But in this case with what the blems actually are and the hassle of returning the one you have for a new one Id probably just call out the seller and chalk it up as a lesson learned. They probably thought they were good enough to pass them off as new and reached with this particular lower. F'em and enjoy the build.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:28.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast