Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blem Aero Lower?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Its beautiful. Put it together and shoot it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by connorr93 View Post
    You bought a blem lower and got a blem lower. I wouldn't worry about it.

Heres a Noveske (non blem) lower I bought. It has a weird grey finish and the rollmark is so uneven that one side fades into the surface of the upper. Even after sending Novesk a picture of the lower they said they still considered it a premium (non blem) lower.

Did you order yours or did you walk into a store and buy it?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by connorr93; 02-28-19 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by connorr93 View Post
    Ordered it from Ranier Arms. I ordered 2 Noveske lowers and both had uneven roll marks but this one was the worst.
    That blows man.

I'm pretty much over it now, and I appreciate the fellas taking it easy on me and giving honest opinions of the lower. I'm not even gonna say what I paid for the set after seeing your Noveske. I'm looking forward to setting it up to go bang I'm just not sure if I want to SBR this one. I probably won't care about that either once I verify it's all up to spec... except the rollmarks of course.

The seller got back to me with an email that read "I'll have to check with my rep." So we'll see.
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 03-05-15 at 18:43.

Feedback Score
    Ya know...

You could always break out the dremel tool!

I kid.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Definitely a blem lower. Unfortunately AP doesn't mark them as such (as is the case with Noveske's "Chainsaw" stuff), so it's up to the dealer to be honest. Sounds like you found a dealer that decided not to mention it upfront, although the price should have been an indicator. I guess it wouldn't hurt to see what they have to say about it, but assuming that's the only issue (which is purely cosmetic) I'd build that bad boy and call it a day.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm ahead of you man, my lower and upper parts kits are on the way. Well, they've been ordered at least.

Feedback Score
    I think you were right in your first sentence: you dropped the ball. You were trying to go cheap. Your reading of the description led you to believe it was a blem, even though it isn't listed as one. I think you have every right to be disappointed and to have expected a non-blem, but at the same time you should understand that to some extent you brought this upon yourself. And by the tone of your posts, I do think you understand that. Personally, I've learned my lessons in the past like you. So when I bought my lower, knowing I was going to SBR it, I didn't go cheap and bought a Mega.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I think you were right in your first sentence: you dropped the ball. You were trying to go cheap. Your reading of the description led you to believe it was a blem, even though it isn't listed as one. I think you have every right to be disappointed and to have expected a non-blem, but at the same time you should understand that to some extent you brought this upon yourself. And by the tone of your posts, I do think you understand that. Personally, I've learned my lessons in the past like you. So when I bought my lower, knowing I was going to SBR it, I didn't go cheap and bought a Mega.
    You're right that I was right about being wrong by dropping the ball. Thank you for clearing that up for us, I thought I did a pretty good job explaining that in my first post but the first part of my post wasn't really what I wanted to focus on. I didn't take the time to really go over the lower when I accepted it (That's the part where I feel I "Dropped the ball"). I was a little distracted, man she was smoking. You're absolutely right about going with the a lower that got great reviews from many of our peers here in M4C.net and it happened to be inexpensive or as you call it cheap (in price, right?). The next part yeah, you're right again. I'm assuming that me bringing this upon myself is by not taking the time to go over the lower? Your next statement, wait for it... You're once again CORRECT!! I think I made if obviously clear from my very first post and a few after that I made a mistake that I'll learn from, CHECK THE PRODUCT BEFORE YOU TAKE IT HOME SonOfAGunn. There isn't a doubt in my mind that you and I agree 100% on just about everything you said. The last part I don't agree with though. I bought a lower at a steal of a price that was incorrectly listed as a top rate product from the manufacturer. Megas are really nice and I plan on getting one once I've gained some experience building the Aero and the Anderson. I don't think that just because someone buys a more expensive lower it will automatically be better as far as fit and finish. The Aero that I've got fits great with my uppers, the finish is very nice, BUT the rollmarks may need a little work. In this very thread a fella bought a couple of Noveske lowers, arguably one the best AR makers out there, and not one but both of the lowers had cosmetic problems very similar to mine. The situations in which we are both in are almost identical, he just bought a lower that I would say is on par price wise and quality wise with a mega? Correct me if I'm wrong in saying that. I'm here to learn. I kind of got hung up on having to have to have a Daniel Defense, after reading the reviews here about some of these other AR lowers that are less expensive but work just as well and decided to buy some. One appears perfect, the Anderson, and the other seems pretty close.

I didn't post here to find out if a lower price would mean that I may get cheated. I posted to see if what I felt was blem was indeed a blem. That's it man. All that extra info was just a little background for all to see as to how I got the lower home before really inspecting it. I just didn't know the facts on Aero's QC is all. I'm pretty laid back and like a good laugh just like anyone else. Maybe my lightheartedness isn't coming through in my posts, but I kid you not, I'm smiling typing this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    Ya know...

You could always break out the dremel tool!

I kid.
    That briefly crossed my mind but I included a nice new sharpie to fill in my art work.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast