Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Reliable 12.5" Mid length barrels running around

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I made my 12.5" middy .086" at the gas port and it runs with PMC Bronze using an H2 buffer in 50degree weather.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You could have the gas port relocated too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I run a 12.5" middy from Triarc Systems (worked with MicroMOA on their 12.5" middy systems). With an A5, so far, it's run everything I've tossed at it. Pretty smokingly fantastic rig.

As nice as Sabre's barrels were-there are just as good, if not better on the market now. Unless this had been a one off, custom made, Compass Lake Engineering barrel given directly to you by Frank White...I'd get the cash from both smiths for their screwups, and then get something better now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Randall did that to your barrel? I've never seen work like that from him. I'd ask him to make that right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I liked the idea of a 12.5" midlength and so I had one in 2010. It was fine, but there was ZERO difference as far as I could ever tell between it and a 12.5" carbine due to the middy's port needing to be larger than the carbine. I got rid of it, and the new owner made a dedicated suppressed gun (handguard over the suppressor days) out of it, shot quite nicely. So imo... Adding a suppressor is like adding barrel length and to that point, I'd estimate that gun shot like a 16" middy.

Dedicated can, good to go. MicroMoa's barrels with proper porting day one look like a good idea as it takes the guess work out of it. So yea, it can be done but for most people it won't be noticeable or worth the difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsideRook View Post
    Exactly- if some gunsmith drilled a hole though my barrel while trying to pin it, I'd ask him to please buy me a new equivalent barrel. If he refused, I'd politely inform him that he could see me in small claims court and I would display examples of his poor work to the far ends on the internet in the meantime.

Also, can't get too excited about the "irreplaceable" Sabre barrels, sure they're nice but not nice enough that I would chase all over the place cutting and recutting it, trying to keep it in circulation. It's a barrel by a company that is out of business, that's not a plus in my book, because they didn't do anything amazing to the barrel that no one else did/does. If there's an issue with my BCM/DD/Noveske barrel a thousand rounds in, I can call them and get help - but for Sabre I'd be SOL.
    This exactly. If I had them doing a simple tac weld it's because I want a 14.5" barrel that's gtg on a rifle lower without a stamp. Not one I'd have to cut down and get a stamp or pistol lower to use. If they destroy it they buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12