Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: M4C Bowhunters

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b2dap1 View Post
    Those boil on wraps are really easy but not cheap. I just shoot cheap arrows and buy more when the fletching is gone. I use to replace every time I ripped or nicked a fletching but soon realized that was pointless. Only need to replace them when they are totally shot or completely ripped off. And of course save 5 that are only for hunting. I shoot them 3 times each into a target to make sure they fly true and then thats it.

A couple friends of mine have used arrow wraps in the past and seemed to have good luck with them. Some of the reflective ones do come in handy for sure I have witnessed that finding an arrow in the dark.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    My current setup is: Hoyt Ultratec @ 65lbs, 29" 3D selects 200 with 2" blazers. As for a rest I've ran trophy taker but my favorite is a NAP quick tune 3000. I run this setup for everything (300, 3D, Hunting). Broadheads for hunting are either Slick Tricks or ABC Sonics in 100gr.
    What I would like to try this year: Elite 32 & 35, Hoyt Pro edge elite, & a Nitrum
    For fletching I will be trying the Fob from StarrFlight . We will see how that goes.
    Other bows i have: Diamond stud, Reflex Buckskin, PSE Thunderflight.
    Yes I know I have an archery addiction problem, My wife reminds me all the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Currently running a 2011 Hoyt CRX 28" 60#, Rest is the NAP Apache (which i love), sights are a standard 3 pin setup with a peep (no kisser).
    Arrows are some older Easton AAC tipped with Monatec G5 broadheads. It has served me well deer hunting over the last couple years but i have been thinking about transitioning to a recurve to shake things up a bit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm shooting a Mathews Chill at @ #65... I love it. I have killed a lot of deer with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenande View Post
    My current setup is: Hoyt Ultratec @ 65lbs, 29" 3D selects 200 with 2" blazers. As for a rest I've ran trophy taker but my favorite is a NAP quick tune 3000. I run this setup for everything (300, 3D, Hunting). Broadheads for hunting are either Slick Tricks or ABC Sonics in 100gr.
    What I would like to try this year: Elite 32 & 35, Hoyt Pro edge elite, & a Nitrum
    For fletching I will be trying the Fob from StarrFlight . We will see how that goes.
    Other bows i have: Diamond stud, Reflex Buckskin, PSE Thunderflight.
    Yes I know I have an archery addiction problem, My wife reminds me all the time.
    How are you liking the Diamond compared to Hoyt snd PSE?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHag222 View Post
    Currently running a 2011 Hoyt CRX 28" 60#, Rest is the NAP Apache (which i love), sights are a standard 3 pin setup with a peep (no kisser).
    Arrows are some older Easton AAC tipped with Monatec G5 broadheads. It has served me well deer hunting over the last couple years but i have been thinking about transitioning to a recurve to shake things up a bit.
    Likewise on wanting to give a recurve a try, I've heard good things about the Apache rest. I'm so used to my kisser for my anchor point I'm not sure how that would work out for the recurve, definitely be a different challenge for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackit View Post
    I'm shooting a Mathews Chill at @ #65... I love it. I have killed a lot of deer with it.

Nice buck man! Couldn't smack that smile off if you tried! Mathews is for sure in the top 5 for my next bow. My cousin has a Z7 but I can't try it out because he's a lefty and I'm right handed, but definitely a sweet bow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Nice buck man! Couldn't smack that smile off if you tried! Mathews is for sure in the top 5 for my next bow. My cousin has a Z7 but I can't try it out because he's a lefty and I'm right handed, but definitely a sweet bow.
    Thank you, I had a z7 before I had the chill... Very nice bow!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    How are you liking the Diamond compared to Hoyt snd PSE?
    I enjoy shooting it. Solid back wall, smooth draw cycle and doesn't have the $$$ tag that the Hoyt's bring. I found it easy to tune. For hunting it is an excellent rig. My youngest brother is currently using it for now till he decides if that's what he wants in a bow. The only PSE i have to compare it against is a PSE thunder flight. Its really not fair to compare those two against each other.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This thread is going to make me want to try WAY too many new bows out

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast