Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED live round stuck in glock 19, cannot get into full battery cant clear acti

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

UPDATED live round stuck in glock 19

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tigershilone; 01-29-23 at 02:22. Reason: update with more pics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    addit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tigershilone; 01-29-23 at 02:20.

Feedback Score
    I'd put the slide in a vice and rubber mallet the barrel down to release the barrel, then pull the round out the back.

Looks like the sticker is forward, if so, I'd pull it back behind the bar that prevents it from going foreward (can't think of name right now.)
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-10-16 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can you get the backplate off to disassemble the slide? It would be a lot safer if you could take the striker out, and if you can get the extractor out as well you should be able to move the barrel forward enough to pull the rear down and take it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynical View Post
    Can you get the backplate off to disassemble the slide? It would be a lot safer if you could take the striker out, and if you can get the extractor out as well you should be able to move the barrel forward enough to pull the rear down and take it out.
    +1,000,000

Eliminate all possibilities of the striker smacking the live round and try as MegademiC said, put it in a vise and tap on the barrel till it breaks free.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    As mentioned above.

Try getting some lube on that bone dry barrel and around the chamber as well. May help to get it free.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynical View Post
    This!

Last year I had a factory Federal round that wasn't crimped at the neck of the case and lodged into the chamber. It wouldn't go completely into battery and was stuck like hell. I just kept pulling on the slide making sure the muzzle was in a safe direction and was finally able to rack the slide and eject the round.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Place the corner of the slide on something solid (think sturdy table, counter, door frame) make sure the muzzle is pointed in a SAFE DIRECTION!! (Did I mention SAFE DIRECTION??) Keep your finger AWAY FROM THE TRIGGER! Use both hands and push on the grip. This will very likely be enough force to open the slide. If the round is still stuck in the chamber you will at least be able to tap it out with a brass rod from the front.

Keep ALL BODY PARTS and expensive/important stuff away from the front of the muzzle when you do this. Yes, heavy emphasis on safety...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by tigershilone; 01-29-23 at 02:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe if you measured the overall length of the two rounds you are comparing you will find the overall length of the 147gr may be a scoosh longer. Or, do a side by side comparison and see if the 'shoulders' (ogive) of the heavier projectile are further forward than the 115 grain.

The 147gr projectile is the same diameter, yet it weighs 21.76% more. That weight has to go someplace. One way to distribute the extra weight is change the shape of the round giving it a slightly shorter ogive.

I had this problem with another brand using 147gr with a LW conversion barrel. The nose of the round was already in the rifling. Force one a little and then remove it, if this is the case you should see some marks on the shoulder of the projectile.

The rounds I had this experience with fed and shot fine in factory barrels.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-12-16 at 21:57.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast