Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9A1 Technical Questions...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Where do you suggest having the mag well beveled, and what is the orange material on the front strap?
    I did this myself, hence the lack of refinishing but that area gets destroyed anyway so i wasnt overly concerned.

I would strongly suggest using Josh at AGW. His beveling is second to none and is way better than any factory beveling that Beretta offers. Check out his facebook for a bunch of pictures of his work and im sure you will be impressed. His work isnt cheap but he actually offers type 3 hardcoat after he completes the frame mods versus the dirty bath water swishing that Beretta calls anodizing.

http://alleghenygunworks.com/
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Pl
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I did this myself, hence the lack of refinishing but that area gets destroyed anyway so i wasnt overly concerned.

I would strongly suggest using Josh at AGW. His beveling is second to none and is way better than any factory beveling that Beretta offers. Check out his facebook for a bunch of pictures of his work and im sure you will be impressed. His work isnt cheap but he actually offers type 3 hardcoat after he completes the frame mods versus the dirty bath water swishing that Beretta calls anodizing.

http://alleghenygunworks.com/
    Looks like you did a good job.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Pl

Looks like you did a good job.
    Thank you. The factory magwell dimensions are horrible on the classic M9 series frames and seriously need to be opened up. As it stands, the magwell is basically the width of the magazine with zero taper. I opened the magwell up quite a bit and put a fairly deep angled flare on it to maximize the amount of material i could remove. Its a very easy process if you have the proper tools and the only real requirement is patience. Opening up the front and the rear and getting the corners blended was probably the hardest part.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Thank you. The factory magwell dimensions are horrible on the classic M9 series frames and seriously need to be opened up. As it stands, the magwell is basically the width of the magazine with zero taper. I opened the magwell up quite a bit and put a fairly deep angled flare on it to maximize the amount of material i could remove. Its a very easy process if you have the proper tools and the only real requirement is patience. Opening up the front and the rear and getting the corners blended was probably the hardest part.
    It does look quite excellent. (When the time comes, I'll have AGW do mine.) What is the orange material on the front strap? Skateboard tape?

Feedback Score
    So, I've been searching and asking around and no one has seen an M9A3 yet, nor can any dealer I contacted tell me if the release date is imminent or not.

Any ETA on their being widely available (if different from previously quoted)?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-14-15 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    So, I've been searching and asking around and no one has seen an M9A3 yet, nor can any dealer I contacted tell me if the release date is imminent or not.

Any ETA on their being widely available (if different from previously quoted)?
    Not that I've heard. Even on the phone with Beretta, they would not specify.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Beretta people at the NRA show told a member of the Beretta forum:
    "I asked about the M9A3 reaching civilians and was told it may be 3rd to 4th quarter of this year now.*
    Of the 4 I saw on display, only one was in G configuration and it had the new style decocking lever. The others had the traditional lever and were FS configuration with one of those with the curved back strap grips."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    The Beretta people at the NRA show told a member of the Beretta forum:
    "I asked about the M9A3 reaching civilians and was told it may be 3rd to 4th quarter of this year now.*
    Of the 4 I saw on display, only one was in G configuration and it had the new style decocking lever. The others had the traditional lever and were FS configuration with one of those with the curved back strap grips."
    That was me that posted that. What I didn't say was his body mannerisms when saying it. He kinda rolled his eyes and frowned that it's been pushed back. You could tell his was pissed and had to tell people it's going to be longer before we can get one.

I didn't really care for the arched blackstrap grip, felt bulkier than a regular grip. The new style lever was very nice, as was the fact it's convertible to G configuration.

"When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post

That looks great!

I just ordered Wilson Combat's Chrome Silicon version of the D spring, along with their Mag Guide. While Brigadier #1 is staying stock for training purposes, Brigadier #2 is going to be made into a smooth handling shooter. I put 45 more round through #1 yesterday wearing gloves, and was happy to tear 2" ragged hole at 7 yards with it. I wasn't exactly trying to shoot Bullseye with it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    It does look quite excellent. (When the time comes, I'll have AGW do mine.) What is the orange material on the front strap? Skateboard tape?
    Sorry that i just saw that question.

Yes sir, orange skate tape. It is from Dawson Precision and it is probably the worst quality skate tape ive ever used. Stick to the Jessup brand that you can find in colors on Amazon.

If you want to listen to me gripe about why the tape sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXSEgHPpIdQ

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast