Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFA requirements for SBR caliber

Feedback Score
    Not saying sbrs aren't my cup of tea I have an lwrc six8 uciw. I'm saying to only lose 3" and 300 fps isn't my cup of tea.

Feedback Score
    Just simple opinions no need to get your panties in a was Jason.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hr00544 View Post
    Was the blackout really developed for short barrel rifles or to be suprresed out of an M4? 5.56 short barrel rifles are effective, but to only cut down three inches plus $200 and lose some 300 fps? Not my cup of tea but hey do what you want short barrels no matter the caliber are a joy to shoot. If its for plinking and shooting cardboard it isn't as crucial.
    First and foremost, the 300 blk was designed to achieve AK 47 ballistics out of an AR platform.

The added benefits:
    - you only lose around 150 fps from a 16" to 9" barrel
    - interchangeable bolt & magazines with 5.56
    - amazingly efficient powder burn rate to barrel length
    - subsonic and supersonic capabilities without adjusting the gas system
    - 300 blackout is usually quieter then 5.56 (comparing supersonic, due to more efficient burn rate).

I'm sure I've missed more positives.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I've been under the impression 300 was designed specifically for low noise and short barrels. I mean you get full powder burn in, what is it, 9" IIRC? The only thing stopping me from building a 9" 300 for HD is the lack of cheap practice ammo. I can get away with expensive ammo on my 6.8 since it's a hunting only rifle. Can't justify that on a HD rifle....

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    OP, what makes you think .300 BLK is going to disappear? Build and register a .300 BLK lower. Who gives a shit. The round ain't going nowhere. And if you're really that worried about it start reloading your own ammo.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They rejected my first form 1 for listing 300 blackout. Supposedly their system doesn't recognize the round, so if you do submit list it as 300 or 308.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 454308 View Post
    They rejected my first form 1 for listing 300 blackout. Supposedly their system doesn't recognize the round, so if you do submit list it as 300 or 308.
    They'll take it on a paper form, or at least they did for me (submitted fall of '14). But EForms doesn't like it, which is why I gave that same advice early in the thread.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I see 300 as a reloading only proposition... Looking at the cost I mean it is the only way to have fun with it and get to rock out
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I really appreciate the comments herein as I am planning on building Sbr but using 2 uppers. So I assume the need to do is to fill it out on the upper I will have first (300)
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    First and foremost, the 300 blk was designed to achieve AK 47 ballistics out of an AR platform.
    This - From horse's mouth.

http://300aacblackout.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast