Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferguson Fake Out

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^This sounds like a good assessment. Political goals were created. When the situation didn't pan out, facts were twisted and obscured. Sounds like another day at the office for the Obama administration.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Or, Ferguson could simply do without a police force and see how that works out for them...
    I realize this was tongue in cheek, but simply put, they don't have that option. Not even theoretically. As American citizens on American soil, they have the obligation to comply with the rule of law that governs ALL Americans. If they want to do away with local ordinances and fines, they can do that. If they want to do away with local traffic citations or greatly reduce the fines, they can do that. They cannot do away with law enforcement who have a sworn duty to enforce the law, particularly mala in se crimes such as robbery, rape, murder, etc.

If they don't like that, they can go to the library and research what country they want to move to and GTFO.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The job of the police is to provide a law-enforcement presence for ALL citizens of the nation-state, uniting them under a common law, regardless of how one segment of the population might react. Allowing citizens to "opt out" would mean the nation-state effectively ceased to exist, as there is no longer any impetus for all citizens to live by the same laws. Put another way, rule of law is only rule of law because it is not optional. What about all the taxpayers who didn't vote to "opt out" with the rest of their town? You're basically taking things from one extreme to the other, causing further divide among the population. It could likely start a civil war.

Fergusen represents a horrendous failure of leadership on all levels up to POTUS. Their lives have become so comfortable, that people often forget we are all one country, especially when politicians make a living by being deliberately divisive, and the media makes a living telling us why we should be scared of each other. They forget that our government was set up to:

-Establish Justice
    -Provide for the common defense
    -Promote (not ensure) the general welfare

Sound familiar? Just because Fergusen, the DOJ, and the White House are populated by a bunch of a-holes who love to inflame situations and disregard the Constitution doesn't make the basic theory of government disappear.
    You are of course totally correct, though I think were de evolving into small nation states regardless. What I said was partly tongue in cheek and part serious, with the latter half knowing it would not work with our current model.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ferguson Fake Out

The whole do without police or opt out begs the question. Is there a Constitutional or even local legal requirement to have police? I know of many towns too small to have a local polce force and as such the people rely on the county sheriff. Is that town breaking the law by not having a police force? We know for a fact that there is absolutely no requirement for police to protect anyone or anything. They aren't legally required to catch a criminal. If there were they would be being sued and or punished hourly for failure of do their job. If there is no law demanding LEO do their job is there a law mandating their existence or is it merely a social expectation?

NOT IMPLYING THAT LEO ARE ASSHOLES SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING AND GETTING PAID FOR IT IN ANY WAY.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You are of course totally correct, though I think were de evolving into small nation states regardless. What I said was partly tongue in cheek and part serious, with the latter half knowing it would not work with our current model.
    Fair enough. I probably took your comment a little more seriously than you intended it, but I thought it was an important point to make in light of all the recent media hate for police in general.

@ Taz: Is there a legal requirement to have police? In a word, yes. I outlined the reasoning in my post above, quoted by WillBrink. Basically, there is no rule of law without enforcement. What concerns me is the growing perception that police ARE optional, or even worse, not desired. Referencing every failed nation state ever, it doesn't take long for order and public safety to break down when laws are no longer being enforced.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 03-11-15 at 17:00.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perhaps the City of Ferguson government should disband it's police force and contract with St. Louis County Sheriff's Department for service. When they work details in high call areas to reduce the crime rate, you may see the same numbers of people being ticketed and arrested. The naysayers would have to approach St. Louis County government to complain and the county may be better prepared to deal with it.

Any way you slice it, something needs to be done in Ferguson to stem tax payer flight.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Simple solution. Stop racist policing in Ferguson. Only Caucasian criminals should be cited or arrested. Problem solved, crime eliminated, and no more Mike Browns.

Feedback Score
    What I love is that it is racist for cities to use cops to raise funds thru fees and tickets. Really, that is supposed to be a new thing?

The other thing about the 'disparate' rate for blacks and traffic stops is that they aren't factoring in age. I bet Ferguson follows most inner suburbs that are 'changing' in that there is a skewing in teh race-age profile. Older people can't afford to move out so you end with more old white people and younger black people. Younger people get more tickets, that's pretty standard.

Never mind that the "hands-up/don't-shoot" is a complete lie.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    LowSpeed_HighDrag,
    Mike Brown was a strong arm robber, but for some reason few news folk mention that particular info.

My guess, his last time to do such wasn't his first...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12