Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sayoc / Headhunter Blades "Rat"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    I've been carrying mine for the last two days. Shitty sheath. ETA: this is in reference to the Spyderco Reverse Fixed.

Chris
    Look at River City. My Gryphon M10 came with one of their sheaths and it's been great! Daily carry on and off duty for at least a year now.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    I've been carrying mine for the last two days. Shitty sheath. ETA: this is in reference to the Spyderco Reverse Fixed.

Chris
    If I may be so bold?

I have a pair of Kydex knife sheaths from Dark Star Gear, and found them to be perfect for what I needed them to do. The price and delivery time was also agreeable.

I'm going to snag a Spyderco Reverse from Grant, and will be sending it off to Dark Star for a sheath.

My daughter needs a new knife to protect my granddaughter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    If I may be so bold?

I have a pair of Kydex knife sheaths from Dark Star Gear, and found them to be perfect for what I needed them to do. The price and delivery time was also agreeable.

I'm going to snag a Spyderco Reverse from Grant, and will be sending it off to Dark Star for a sheath.

My daughter needs a new knife to protect my granddaughter.
    Thanks to you and el cid.
    I contacted a Kydex folder local to me. Will see what he can do. Will post results.
    Blade concept and shape are awesome. Steel is a little lame, but as defensive only blade not sure that matters.

Chris
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I think the steel will do pretty well. Spyderco did a Mule sprint run with it, and they sold old fairly rapidly. The steel discussions over on Bladeforums were mostly complimentary also.

And as you mentioned, as a defensive blade it will likely handle bone and leather just fine. In the testing I did with some old leather jackets and roast, CPM-S30V seemed to do the best. But I think CTS BD1 will perform satisfactorily also.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comprido View Post
    Objectively, no, it's not worth it. You can find a ABS journeyman bladesmith to make a custom work of art to your specifications, differentially heat treated, from high end steel, for less money.

The people who buy this knife are those that buy into the Sayoc mystique or those that like to drop names of trainers they took a class from.

You don't have to spend $500 to get a good self defense knife and a trainer.

(I make knives on a 2x72 grinder and a paint can forge I built myself for less than Rat knife.)
    That's all fine and good, but you still need a good sheath if you want to carry any blade as a weapon.

Any of the guys who designed the Bloodshark, Rat, etc. will all tell you that they'd rather have a $10 Mora in a well designed sheath than a $300 custom in a typical factory sheath.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    RAT training package ordered, will follow up when it gets here.

Feedback Score
    FYI - the Rat training package is on sale for $300!!

http://www.warriorswaytx.com/store/4...ining-package/
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks, I know, I missed out on the sale when I bought mine.
    Last edited by dmaxfireman; 05-23-15 at 17:48.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Maybe I will buy another now.

Feedback Score
    Ordered mine last night and just came here to post that.

I'm friends with one of the guys that trains with the creator, and kept telling him I could get a decked out Glock for $500 and was getting close to buying the cheapest best alternative, a gryphon, but the price drop made me jump

I've carried the same benchmade afck for twenty years, but know I should carry a fixed blade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast