Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finding a place to store my rifle and range bag

Feedback Score

Finding a place to store my rifle and range bag

I was having my buddy store my precious, the case for my precious and my range bag. However, he is moving to a place that precious is not legal in.

I live at home with someone who does not appreciate precious for all its preciousness or other firearms of any design, which is why my honored comrade was allowed to bask in the glory of precious.

I live in the Las Vegas, NV. area and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places that I could take my precious rifle to for storage. I do not need a lot of space for it at all. I am going to ask a few other people that I trust if they would be willing to store it for me, but if that does not work out, I want a back up plan and have about 2.5 weeks to find a place.

Because I want my precious kept safe.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I had a similar problem once and a person didn't want guns in the house. I miss her. My house is not a gun free zone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you aren't married to said person, get a new one. Probably not what you want to hear but compromise is huge in life. Your person probably needs to learn about it for happiness all around. I don't know of such a service for storage locally unfortunately. Good luck though.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    If you aren't married to said person, get a new one. Probably not what you want to hear but compromise is huge in life. Your person probably needs to learn about it for happiness all around. I don't know of such a service for storage locally unfortunately. Good luck though.
    Maybe it is his parents that don't like guns.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Around here they have self storage places that rent lockers for 10-15 bucks a month. I am sure you could find something like that in Vegas. Isn't there a military base near there? Those guys would be storing their stuff off post.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't help you with your storage issues, but I'd be very leery of any relationship that restricts a significant component of my lifestyle. My wife of 35 years is by no means a gun "enthusiast". Guns make her nervous - always have, always will. It was clear to her from the very beginning of our relationship that there would always be guns in the house. She not only accepted that, she went out of her way to therefore learn about guns, how to handle them and how to keep them safe - took the NRA Basic Pistol course years ago. She is still not a gun enthusiast, and guns still make her nervous. But she did, without any prompting from me whatsoever, get a permit to carry, and even went so far as to take Level 1, 2, and 3 pistol self defense courses offered locally. She NEVER carries, likely never will. She absolutely hates my AR15. But she still asks me every 4 or 5 months to go to the range with her so that she can practice with pistol AND rifle, wanting to be at least competent in the very unlikely event she would ever have to use either. Fortunately for our relationship, she's a very attractive and very charming woman, so the ROs generally fall all over themselves to coach her, and I don't have to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5 View Post
    I live at home with someone who does not appreciate precious for all its preciousness or other firearms of any design...
    So your mother won't let you have a gun in her house? You can't exactly dump her...

As stupid as it sounds, a short-term solution might be to lock your gun in the trunk of your car.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    So your mother won't let you have a gun in her house? You can't exactly dump her...

As stupid as it sounds, a short-term solution might be to lock your gun in the trunk of your car.
    As mother's behavior has improved with her age and we have had some talks, she only gets the standard amount of criticism.

I can do that very temporarily. I will be looking for a small storage unit in town. As I travel a lot for work. I would rather not bring the precious across state lines without doing some research first. I have a few other people I am going to ask.

The very good news is that I am unmarried and do not have a girlfriend. I like to keep my profits.
    Last edited by Rattler5; 01-18-17 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As mother's behavior has improved with her age and we have had some talks, she only gets the standard amount of criticism.

I can do that very temporarily. I will be looking for a small storage unit in town. As I travel a lot for work. I would rather not bring the precious across state lines without doing some research first. I have a few other people I am going to ask.

The very good news is that I am unmarried and do not have a girlfriend. I like to keep my profits.
    Sounds like it's time to leave the nest and make your own house rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    The very good news is that I am unmarried and do not have a girlfriend...
    Well, sure, if you think it is... When I lived with my parents and didn't have a girlfriend, I didn't think it was "very good news."

Back to topic: I assume that you've hit a wall negotiating with your mother. OK.

You might look into a safe deposit box. When I was in college the dorms didn't allow guns, so I rented a safe deposit box. It seems like a long skinny box would fit an upper and lower.

If you do wind up storing your gun in your car, even briefly, then store it deep... Stash the lower in the spare tire well, put the upper under one of the seats, etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast