Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Useful, Non-"Tacticool" Pants?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

Useful, Non-"Tacticool" Pants?

Guys, I'm curious what pants you are using. Throw out 5.11's or anything like that - I'm looking for a rugged, inconspicuous style of pant.

Right now, besides my jeans, I wear Mountain Khakis (only complaint is lack of pockets), and Columbia Silver Ridge cargos (only complaint is how thin material is). Trying to find best of both worlds.

Keep in mind, I'm a tall skinny guy, so I'm looking for pants that are cut less than baggy.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Useful, Non-"Tacticool" Pants?

I get the classic non tacticool type pants that I wear every day and the support all my accessories. A OSOE EDC belt that holds my GCode Incog holster with a G19 at my 12 o'clock AIWB...Levi's 559

They're great, you won't find them in a gun store but you can find them in most department stores, and they don't stand out.

Feedback Score
    Maybe Arborwear Original Tree Climbers or something from Kuhl?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have you looked at Kuhl?

edit: gjg beat me to it.
    Last edited by dmd08; 03-12-15 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Guys, I'm curious what pants you are using. Throw out 5.11's or anything like that - I'm looking for a rugged, inconspicuous style of pant.

Right now, besides my jeans, I wear Mountain Khakis (only complaint is lack of pockets), and Columbia Silver Ridge cargos (only complaint is how thin material is). Trying to find best of both worlds.

Keep in mind, I'm a tall skinny guy, so I'm looking for pants that are cut less than baggy.

Thanks.
    Really though what are you wanting to use these for? EDC? Hiking? Ect

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Vertx tactical pants may be what you are looking for. Cargo pockets are low-profile. Crotch isn't baggy like some 5.11s. Well made and functional with multiple color options and types. I wear the Original Tactical Pants during cooler months and the Phantom LT for hot temps.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    my current favourite all-round pant for work and play is the Prana stretch zion pant which i got from REI:
    http://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-pant.html

it's comfortable, light weight, smart enough for office wear, and pretty durable so far. i have one pair i wear 3x a week for indoor rock climbing and i've scraped my knees and shins on abrasive climbing holds over the past year without damage to the material. it's got a stretch to it (hence the name) and is great for full range of motion. i liked my first khaki pair so much i bought two more - one in 'mud' which is good brownish colour, and one in charcoal which is a dark grey. i love the integral web belt - i don't have to wear a belt and can adjust it on the fly. i find myself wearing these more often than any of my other tactical pants. it's also a non-baggy pant, but not teenage-tight either. (WTF is up with young guys and skin-tight pants nowadays?)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like the Kuhl Hi-lo cord.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Kuhl, royal robin, even north face has some good options.

Rei is the place to get them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    TNF Paramount Peak convertible pants. Most versatile pants I own. They come in khaki, asphalt, and brown and green earth tones. Light weight abrasion resistant and look good too.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast