Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Useful, Non-"Tacticool" Pants?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I had some Duluth firehose pants. They were tough but shrunk and were too tight after a few washings and the velcro closures didn't meet anymore.
    Hmm. FLEX or Originals? My FLEX shrank from drying now I hang dry all my Duluth pants. To date I've never had an issue with any of there hook and loop closures. Did you contact Duluth? Their CS is spot on and usually make things right.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know if it is kosher to post this, but I hope it is - LAPG has 20% all Kuhl orders until 5/26/15 @ 11:59PM PST.

Use Code: Memorial10

Kuhl Renegade - 79.00 minus 20% = 63.20
    Kuhl Revolvr - $70.00 minus 20% = 56.00
    Kuhl Rydr - 79.00 minus 20% = 63.20
    Kuhl Contra - #75.00 minus 20% = 60.00

Those were on the email I got which says "20% off Kuhl Products" they have 17 items listed in their online store don't know if they are all on sale.

Also don't know if these are good prices for the items, but if they are, 20% off doesn't hurt (plus $2.99 standard shipping).

Feedback Score
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/cloth...Tz_stype%3DGNU

Bought these yesterday. 2% spandex, great cut, PERFECT fit. Look to be reinforced in the right places.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang31 View Post
    I have become very accustomed to Duluth Trading company pants. There work pants are some of the most rugged pants that I have ever owned.
    Yep. I've been wearing their pants for a few years now, and I love them. Comfortable and durable. I have a few pairs of the firehose, but usually wear the ballroom jeans daily.
    Last edited by Jewell; 01-15-17 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    I'm a fan of All American Clothing Company Carpenter Jeans. They have a gusset, a whole mess of pockets, no hammer loop, and are made with labor/materials from the USA. They also make a cargo pants and shorts, I like the shorts but have not tried the cargo pants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Duluth Trading Duluth-Flex Fire Hose Work Pants are the best quality, most useful, non-tac pants I've found. You can get them on sale for $55 and free shipping quite often.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Duluth Trading Duluth-Flex Fire Hose Work Pants are the best quality, most useful, non-tac pants I've found. You can get them on sale for $55 and free shipping quite often.
    awesome but imported. wish I could find something similar but USA made.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    awesome but imported. wish I could find something similar but USA made.
    You wont. I have and have had multiple pairs of Carhartt pants and they do not hold a candle to Duluth-Flex pants in fit, comfort, and quality.

If you want a great pair of US-made cargo pants, check out Crye Precision Field Pants. I've got a few pairs- that's what you pay for US Made pants. Although, I guess they are tacti-cool.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    my current favourite all-round pant for work and play is the Prana stretch zion pant which i got from REI:
    http://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-pant.html

it's comfortable, light weight, smart enough for office wear, and pretty durable so far. i have one pair i wear 3x a week for indoor rock climbing and i've scraped my knees and shins on abrasive climbing holds over the past year without damage to the material. it's got a stretch to it (hence the name) and is great for full range of motion. i liked my first khaki pair so much i bought two more - one in 'mud' which is good brownish colour, and one in charcoal which is a dark grey. i love the integral web belt - i don't have to wear a belt and can adjust it on the fly. i find myself wearing these more often than any of my other tactical pants. it's also a non-baggy pant, but not teenage-tight either. (WTF is up with young guys and skin-tight pants nowadays?)
    I read this a year ago and picked up a pair of Stetch Zion pants on sale after the holidays. Holy poop! Most comfortable pair of pants ever! 5.11 who? Crye G3 what?

I used these to travel to the Doninican Republic last week, from 30F in NJ to 80F and 90% humidity in Punta Cana they were comfortable as hell. Sitting in those crappy coach airplane seats I may as well have been not wearing anything at all.

Love em!

Thanks MM!!!!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Jeans. Just a simple pair of jeans. Or 'tactical jean" aka carpenter pants :-)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast