Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: has anyone tried ballistic advantage barrels?

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

has anyone tried ballistic advantage barrels?

I am planning and upcoming sbr build and I came across these "Hanson" profile barrels from ballistic advatage. Does anyone have experience with any if their barrels? I am particularly interested in their 10.3 performance barrel that is qpq coated with a nickel boron barrel extension. I eveventually plan on adding a 556 suppressor down the road so that profile might be pretty good.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/10-5-i...ce-barrel.html

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Aero Precision just purchased then so it'll be interesting to see what come of them.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    You may want to give this thread a look:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...cision-Barrels

Aero is now the majority owner of Ballistic Advantage. I bought the Aero 10.5 FSB setup and I'm happy with it. Only 100 rounds through it but the QPQ looks nice and the barrel assembled into an Aero upper without a hitch. The cost is very attractive.
    John

If you spend much time around the guys who really, really know their craft, and who truly live this stuff, you tend to find that they are very soft-spoken and modest -- almost to the extreme. To my mind, that is a model worthy of emulation

AC

Feedback Score
    I have a 5.45 lightweight middy 14.5" barrel in Hansen profile. It is a tack driver, I hope Aero keeps the 5.45 stuff rolling out of there.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    When aero sent out the purchase announcement with a 10 percent off coupon I bought a 11.5 for my SBR build. Had been considering them anyway so figured why not. May be a while before the build is finished but I can give a superficial first impressions in a couple days....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I know Aero Precision stuff is great, I'm curious about BA as well.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Everything I've read about them has been great. I have a 9" .300BO BBL on the way so we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcINq3R91WM

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I also purchased one of their barrels during the current 10% off sale. I bought the 8.3" Hanson .300 blk barrel for my sbr build.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I just used a 14.0" 5.56, 1/7, carbine gas, Hanson profile, with a pinned low-pro block. I only have a couple hundred rounds thru it, but I like it so far, no complaints. But, I haven't taken it past 100yds or shot for groups yet.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I'm assuming that all aero barrells are made by BA from the start?? They look very similar with similar marking. If. This is the case, any reason one would by an Aero barrel over a BA? I have 2 aero barrels and have not received a reply from Aero yet as to the source of manufacture. The Aero 11.5 is 175 and the BA is 145 and another 10 percent off that. I like the Aero barrels I have, but for this next build, if they are coming from the same place, I would pick up the BA to save some coin.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast