Thread: Current Shot Timer of Choice?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Current Shot Timer of Choice?

What is the current shot timer of choice? The threads on here discussing shot timer brands are old, but it looks like the same brands mentioned are all that I can find using Brownells or Midway. Besides using a smart phone app, is there much of anything new concerning shot timers?

My use is strictly general and concealed carry training, and not competitive shooting. Of the options that I have found and seen discussed, the Pact Club Timer III has caught my attention. It seems rugged and easy to use. Is there any info in this particular unit that I need to be aware of, or is there another unit that I should consider?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm not sure if you would be interested, but I utilize a shot timer app on my iPhone. It works accurately and does what I need it to do for stationary drills and training. It was only like $8 or $9 so it might be worth a shot before buying a standalone unit.

Feedback Score
    I ran across one awhile back that looked like a wristwatch and you wore it on your firing wrist. You could set it to start off of the beep of the official shot timer at a match, set it to operate off of recoil impulse or sound or both if you were shooting in an already loud environment like an indoor range. I don't remember the brand off of the top of my head. I considered getting one as they were like $170 IIRC but, I went with the cheaper blue box off of midwayusa

Semper Fi
    Semper Fidelis

"Those who are not deterred by laws against murder will not be deterred by laws against guns"- Robert Levy

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I do know that I don't want to use an app on a phone.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I do know that I don't want to use an app on a phone.
    In that case I would suggest Competition Electronics based on my experience with their chronograph and friends glowing reviews of their shot timer. Also, the watch I think usmc2014 was referencing is the Shot Maxx from Double Alpha. My buddy ordered one but I guess it takes awhile to arrive as he ordered directly from Double Alpha.

Feedback Score
    That is in fact the one I was talking about. Thanks.

Semper Fi
    Semper Fidelis

"Those who are not deterred by laws against murder will not be deterred by laws against guns"- Robert Levy