Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 first failures

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes that's correct I have 30 rounders and 10, I use the 10s for friends to shoot who aren't LEO in case a range officer gets pissed that a non LEO is shooting 30s. I reloaded each round into a magazine and fired them successfully on the second try each time. Once I get home I'll take some pics for you guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    I use the 10s for friends to shoot who aren't LEO in case a range officer gets pissed that a non LEO is shooting 30s.
    Only LEOs can use 30 round mags at your range?? That sounds like a bigger problem than the one you're experiencing with your Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I live in NY and gun laws here are ridiculous. At the indoor range near my house it's rumored to have state troopers here from time to time to make sure shooters are abiding by new yorks stringent laws. As a LEO I can possess just about anything and I bought the 10 rounder for friends who technically cannot possess a 30 rd mag, ridiculous I know.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It is a machine with moving parts of various metals...lubricate it. You cannot over-lube it, but you can under-lube. Lube, Lube, Lube.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe some of the more experienced members have a different angle, but im starting to think light strikes? And yes, pictures of the lpk springs would be great!

And I feel you...I live in NJ. It is not so bad yet here, but it is not great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run my guns wet typically that's for sure. I'm not home yet but when I get back I'll break them down to start cleaning and send pics first. Obviously if there is an issue colt will fix it but I'd rather handle it in house.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasahara View Post
    Maybe some of the more experienced members have a different angle, but im starting to think light strikes? And yes, pictures of the lpk springs would be great!
    It's not going into battery & the hammers not dropping. How can there be light strikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Might not solve the problem, but... dump the Ballistol and switch to a more "modern" lube. Ballistol has its place but not as a quality lubricant.

That said, I do use Ballistol to clean my AK's and black powder guns, mixed 90/10 water to Ballistol it works wonders to neutralize the corrosives in 7N6 and black powder.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    It's not going into battery & the hammers not dropping. How can there be light strikes?

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it was fully chambering a round.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have Breakfree CLP as well and frog lube. Here's some pics after today's shoot, also my gun was still very lubed and not dry at all even after shooting.

I shouldn't leave out the fact that despite both FTFs the gun still shot with great accuracy. Groupings were tight as all hell.
    Last edited by Krp7894; 03-16-15 at 18:25.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast