Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else hate the x300u?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Anybody else hate the x300u?

Initially I loved the x300u I bought for my glock 17. I dig the brightness, size, etc.

I can't stand the actuation lever. The tlr1 has a great response on the switch. The inforce apl controls are great for momentary on/off and constant on. The x300u is sluggish, sticky, etc.

I think being able to turn the light off and on quickly is an asset. I don't get that with the x300u.

Anybody agree? Disagree? It's such a popular light I'm surprised at my distaste.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There are a few who people who agree with you about the actuation of the SF mechanism.

I'm probably not going to be in the $200-250 for a handgun light market. The TLR is what I am issued and am quite satisfied with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Push forward on the lever for momentary with the X300U.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    This.

The x300u tail cap activation is ambi, going up or down on either side locks it on and pushing on it is momentary on/off. The TLR-1 is, iirc, counter-clockwise momentary on and clockwise locks it on, which means up/down is different for left and right side.

Surefire's tailcap is simpler and better, in my opinion. Maybe not $150 better, but it's better.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Are you kidding me with this!? I've had this light for almost a year and never knew this.

Big fail on my end.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not kidding. Use the feature all the time.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Glad you got your question answered. As the X300U is an excellent light.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Lightbult
    Without that capability, the X300/X300U would be a piece of crap. With it - it's really amazing... FWIW, I only have 6 of the things.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Are you kidding me with this!? I've had this light for almost a year and never knew this.

Big fail on my end.

Don't feel too bad, I don't know if it is even in their manual and the first time I handled one I thought the same thing. Then I spent some time with one, figured it out, and am considered it to be superior on a pistol to the TLR series since. And have owned several TLR series of lights and think they are good lights, I just feel the X300U is better.

As far as price, I bought my X300 for a charm used, and paid about $180 for my X300U with a sale. If you are paying $150 more for a X300U($240-250) over a TLR1 you are getting screwed in my opinion. Can find X300Us for $210 shipped or less without much issue and seen sales on them as low as like $160-170 the other year. TLR1s Generally are running from $95-120 where I am seeing them, if they are getting down to $70 new please let me know I'll buy another to add to my collection, or maybe two since they make dandy trade fodder.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    While we are on a related topic... What's your preference for manipulating the light?

I was playing around with my x300u on my sirt. I found it easiest to drop my thumb to actuate the momentary switch so I could keep my trigger finger free if need be. I'm worried using my trigger finger for the momentary on function would leave me in the dark if I needed to pull the trigger.

I can't decide too much simply from training with a sirt. Obviously recoil would play a huge part in this decision.

What's your preference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast