Thread: Flashlight Junkies, I need my latest lumen fix

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Flashlight Junkies, I need my latest lumen fix

So I just got an email from fenixstore.com to pre-order a TK16. I didn't know I needed this flashlight until then, and now I do (my wife is rolling her eyes from the other side of the house BTW). I have been toying with the idea of getting a compact 2 cell light for a while and this looks like it fits the bill at <$100, BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT there is also another light in the same price range, the Klarus XT12. On paper, it has nearly identical outputs, similar features and modes, has a magnetic side charger, and comes with a battery for the side charger. Of yeah, it takes primary cells too when the main rechargeable battery dies.

Is there any reason to NOT get the Klarus? Would getting the slightly cheaper Fenix ($70 + free shipping after all coupon codes etc.) vs the $90 Klarus?

I also like the side switch on the Klarus more than the Fenix. I do have a PD22UE and I LOVE that light for a small, single primary EDC light. It rides next to my E2D LED, but the replacement light may knock the E2D LED out of my pocket for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I didn't end up buying either of those flashlights. I actually bought two different lights instead. I purchased a Nitecore P10 and a Nitecore MT20C. Both will fill different niches, but it has satiated my lumen fix for now.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/p10

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/mt20c
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.