Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Warcomp

Feedback Score

Surefire Warcomp

Anyone have a chance to test one? When are they going to be released to the public?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I don't think they are available until the end of the month

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone got one yet? opinion?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    B&H Web site Oct 9th.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    In stock at the time of this posting.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/716...ad-steel-matte
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-04-15 at 12:20.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Anyone know if there is much muzzle blast with the Warcomp with a 14.5 or 16" barrel and what other muzzle devices are comparable with it in this area ? Also what is the weight of the 5.56 one and do they ring to some degree
    like most other open ended prong type muzzle devices ? If price did not matter and the muzzle device were being used as a suppressor mount 50% of the time, would you choose the Warcomp or the new generation KAC MAMS
    coming out soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Optics planet has 'em, albeit at a marked up price

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire...s-suppres.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Anyone know if there is much muzzle blast with the Warcomp with a 14.5 or 16" barrel and what other muzzle devices are comparable with it in this area ? Also what is the weight of the 5.56 one and do they ring to some degree
    like most other open ended prong type muzzle devices ? If price did not matter and the muzzle device were being used as a suppressor mount 50% of the time, would you choose the Warcomp or the new generation KAC MAMS
    coming out soon.
    My LGS got the 762 version in first, and just got the 556 in for me yesterday, but I won't get a chance to pick it up until Tuesday since I am out of town for the weekend. I am not directly addressing part of your questions, since I have only had a chance to use the 762 version and the 16" barrel I have shot it on is .30 cal, not .22. My observations on the 762 version on a SCAR 17 with the CQC barrel from shooting last week are (I posted this on another forum, so with some copy and paste), :

A couple of quick observations (13" barrel with mix of ammo el cheapo MKE M80 as well as handloads of MK318Mod0, and some Sinterfire Frangible - around 600 rounds shot total):
    1. Muzzle rise is nearly negated. I was able to double tap plates at 50, 100, 150 from standing, leaning on a barricade, and while (slowly) moving. The range I was on was 150m max.
    2. Prone was also nice since the Warcomp didn't throw up a dust storm.
    3. Sound isn't bad. It isn't obnoxious like the factory brake (on a 16" barrel) and is much, much quieter than the Surefire brake it replaced. Granted, these are relativisms since a 13'' SCAR H is going to be LOUD (and normally should be suppressed)
    4. Recoil did not get worse compared to the Surefire brake. If it did, it was either negligible or not noticeable. The SCAR H is pretty tame to begin with.

A few install notes:
    1. Getting the old brake off was pretty easy. I soaked the barrel in an ultrasonic tank with just water for an hour prior to removing the old brake on the 13" barrel and the old flash hider on the 16' barrel. This was what was advised by a guy at Surefire's CS when I called. The water breaks down the Rocksett from the original installation and the ultrasonic oscillation gets the water into the threads.
    2. The Warcomp has a pretty big chamfered washer compared to what they used before. It is much thicker.
    3. Timing was best by a little measurement, then trial and error, rather than using the thread guide in the manual. I used plastigage to do the measuring and then the combination of washers was easy.

Since then I have also shot it on a 16" barrel and it is amazing. Basically no rise, while having the blast/sound of a flash hider. The ringing isn't much of an issue here either.

My reasoning for using this (versus the MAMS, which looks very promising an excellent brake as an example) is that I have a Surefire can and have standardized with Surefire muzzle devices so I can share the same can (SOCOM 30 cal version, and looking at the 300 SPS as well for Q3 bonus time). I also travel out of state so suppressed/SBR 100% of the time isn't practical (some of this is to California, so 16" barrels and bullshit buttons to make the world safe for hypocrisy).

Apparently, weight wise, the 556 is a little lighter than the standard SOCOM flash hider. The 762 version feels a little lighter than the flash hider and feels a little lighter than the SOCOM brake. None of which are heavy by any stretch at all. Have I taken the time to measure for empirical proof? No, since I don't wear a silly yellow visor, don't expect any pictures with a dope dealer scale.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    Optics planet has 'em, albeit at a marked up price

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire...s-suppres.html
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...23#post2174223
    Last edited by interfan; 09-04-15 at 13:45. Reason: moved to right spot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast