Thread: Beretta 92 G-SD current production vs. Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beretta 92 G-SD current production vs. Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical...

Can someone walk me through the differences please?

I see from pictures that they have different trigger guards, grips, and sights. What am I missing?

Which of the two would you recommend and why? I can only buy one and even that is a maybe (I'd have to sell one or both of my (92 Centurions).

Thank you for the assist.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    The Wilson also has:

-Larger, checkered magazine release button
    -Elite hammer
    -Steel fluted guide rod
    -Recessed barrel
    -I think the accessory rail is a little different
    -The deckocking lever may be slightly different

Also I'm not sure if they use the Armor Tuff finish, or if it's just factory Beretta finish.

I would assume that they are also more hand-fitted during assembly, but a Beretta dealer told me that they are no more hand-fitted than the factory 92G-SD's.

I don't have the Wilson Combat model, but I have a 92G-SD. I have also handled two other 92G-SD's; all of which are of recent production. The slide to frame fit was perfect; very smooth, and arguably as smooth as an Ed Brown Special Forces I had. I have never even seen the WC model in person, but I can't imagine how much smoother/better fitted it can be.

If I could I would buy the Wilson Model, but I went with the 92G-SD since legally that's as close as I can get where I live.

You get a little more for the money with the Wilson Combat model, but I have a feeling that if you were disappointed with a factory 92G-SD then the Wilson Combat model wouldn't really be what you were looking for in a handgun anyway.

I wouldn't sell any of your Centurions though. I think they'd be harder to replace right now.
    Last edited by w3453l; 08-04-15 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'd go Wilson.

I bought the 92G-SD and spent waaay too much money on Wilson parts to configure it similarly to a 92G BrigTac.

So, differences:

92G BrigTac versus 92G-SD
    -Barrel length (4.7 Elite versus 4.9 standard, both are stainless, both have recessed crowns)
    -Hammer (Elite versus standard)
    -Trigger (steel versus plastic molded over steel)
    -Hammer spring (16-lb. versus 20-lb.)
    -Mainspring cap/lanyard loop (aluminum versus plastic)
    -Recoil guide rod (steel fluted versus plastic)
    -Decocker (steel versus plastic)
    -Magazine release (extended checkered steel versus slightly extended smooth plastic over steel)

The Wilsons are also manufactured to Wilson specs... whether that's any different than Beretta's G-SD spec, I don't know. It's my understanding that the BrigTacs use Beretta's standard Bruniton finish, rather than a Wilson finish (ArmorTuff or Cerakote).

And the Wilson rear sight is far superior to the Trijicon unit the 92G-SD ships with.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wow! It seems pretty clear to me which way I would prefer to go.

Thank you both for your kind assistance.

Feedback Score
    I have the brig tac. It apparently doesn't have hand fitting. They are made by Beretta, shipped to WC, and then shipped to FFLs. Unless you order the action job from Wilson (which I did), it gets inspected at Wilson (they had some without D springs way early on) but otherwise no work is done.

I love mine. I felt like I "needed" a conventional double action/single action gun. The smoothness of the action (mine is one of the first 150) is amazing. It shoots a ragged hole at 10 yards, sub 2.5 at 25 and I can ring steel on 2/3 targets at 100. The recoil is really soft. Almost like a squib. Really super gun. Mine is in my man purse with a 18 round mag in it and a 20 round mag in the pouch.

There was some griping from people who bought the gun when it was a very limited run. The demand led to an expanded run, making it less rare and some folks got their noses out of joint. I bought it to use as a weapon, not as an investment, so that works for me.

I am working on the double action to single action transition, and its going pretty well.

Given the cost difference, I'd get the brig tac if its available in your local market.
    Last edited by KTR03; 08-05-15 at 11:19.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My nose is still in joint. I bought the Brigadier Tactical as an investment. I had the original 92G-SD in the early 2000 for a few years. Shot it plenty, so I know how they shoot, no need to shoot another one. I have a plain old 92G for shooting.

The biggest difference between the two guns is that you wait 4 to 6 months for a Brigadier Tactical and you can have the 92G-SD in less than a week ! That's how long it takes to buy one from www.gandrtactical.com and arrange to have it delivered to your FFL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.