Thread: Secondary Sector

Feedback Score

Secondary Sector

Secondary collapse:
    1- weapon on safe finger indexed.
    2- weapon on fire finger indexed

All above involve threats engaged (in the house)on primary collapse.

Interested to hear comments on what you use and why.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Might be a terminology issue on my part, but a bit unclear what you are actually talking about.

I am trained on a threat-focused clearing technique, using 3-man drills (2 guys enter, one opens door and is ready to assist).
    Number one guy will work from the door, and scan as much as he can before entering. If a threat appears, he will engage and drive towards the threat.
    Number two will follow, and either enter into an already cleared area or will clear the uncleared area left by number one.

When collapsing sectors, we scan high, low, horizontal, while also working blind areas; behind furniture, closets etc.

When room is clear, danger areas are covered (doors, openings, windows) while preparations are made to clear the next room.

If you engage a threat, you will first verify effectiveness on the threat - this is done safety off. If you then proceed to scan with the safety off, no big issue.
    If you have not engaged yet, you should keep the weapon on safe until required to go off safe.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    Please use common language here. I am also confused about your question? As I mention in your other thread if you could provide some type of a background on yourself, your prior training, or what you are attempting to accomplish, it gives a much better frame of reference for others to provide answers.

Feedback Score
    If your talking about what I think, I do not have a safety. When I did, it only went on before holstering- clicked on as muzzle went to the holster.

I would not engage a safety while the gun is out (comes off when gun is still halfway in holster), especially when possible threats are still around. I am not an expert though.

Edit to add I only have myself to worry about and don't work with a team as that might change things. I train for ccw, and clearing my personal residence only right now. In a self defense scenario, the pistol would come out safety off to engage, and stay off until threat was no longer a threat... then safety on to reholster. But like I said, I'm not clearing public buildings with non-threatening around so take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-19-15 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    Like others, I’m not clear on what you’re asking. On room clearing, my safety stays on until I engage a threat. After the threat is down, my safety goes back on.