Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relocation to arizona all comments welcome

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uh....I don't know what field of work you're in but I'd be.....wary of head hunters. I mean you're probably fine but I've seen instances were they have inside deals with HR just to get people in the door and they get a kick back whether the employee works out or not.

My wife is jobless after three months. Big sign on bonus seemed like s great idea but the first day she got to work all of the employees were talking terribly about the place. That was the first clue. Long story short it was the worst work experience of her life and she a complaint filed against them and we are NOT the type of people to just do frivolous stuff.

So it might work out but just really try to vet the head hunter and the job. If the jobs in s big business try to vet the area you're going to be in.

Remember, this is the fifth biggest city in the US. If they need to offer huge bonuses to get people to sign that means the place sucks to work or you have serious skills.
    I hope in your case it let skills! . Good luck and let me know when you get here.

Feedback Score
    Thanks sand stone. Both the wife and I have very in demand professions and the recruitment offers we get nearly daily are for all 50 states and even some foreign countries. Before we would ever jump at a job based on initial offer alone it would be associated with on the ground recon. And some of the hunters involved recruited some of my wife's former coworkers and they give good feedback. I am in medicine with over 25 years experience and my wife works in the rehab profession with a masters degree and over 20 years experience so I am happy to say we are in the serious skills department!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome! I just don't want anyone to go through what my wife and I are going through. She only has a year and a half experience in nursing and we didn't think much about it so she took the job and....well...nightmare lol.

To be fair, I don't blame the entire company. I think it was mostly her floor.

On somewhat of an unrelated note, having been in medical and seeing it myself, I can't get over how women treat each other. All of that sisterhood BS one sees in the media. Yeah....lol.

Women can be terrible to each other over the most petty of things.

I'm guessing you've seen in too with that much experience.

Anyway, keep us updated and let me know when you get here. We will hit the range!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    .... I go against rush hour both ways....
    That can make a big difference in time and money.
    It is not that hard to do and I can't believe how many people just accept sitting in traffic as a fact of life.

Feedback Score
    Yes sand stone women can really get wrapped around the axle over petty stuff. My wife is the sort who doesn't get involved in such things and doesn't let it get to her.
    Thanks for the invite to shoot when we relocate! What part of ny did you come from?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123