Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KNS Hammer Cage tool

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

KNS Hammer Cage tool

I have a dollar for each one of you who looks at this and doesn't say "Now why didn't I think of that"?

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-p...mmer-cage.html

Somehow I ran across this last week and ordered one, thinking it might help out in classes. It is to make re-installing an AR hammer easier. I have my own little trick that works well but that's easy to say when you've done it so many times. I know many of you will say "I never had a problem", but in class there's always a guy or two who has trouble getting the hammer back in. It does take some finger strength and a high pain threshhold. I thought this might be worth a look.

I just got it and have only tried it on one rifle but as I fiddled with it I kept smiling and kinda shaking my head thinking, "cool".

In a nutshell you put the hammer in it, hook the hammer spring legs into it, and poof, you're not fighting the spring tension while getting the pin to line up. Once the pin is in you unhook the spring legs (a tool is provided but anything from a small screwdriver to a butterknife will do), and let them snap into their place on top of the trigger pin. I'll post some pics later.

Feedback Score
    Danke, Ned.

What's your trick? Bind the hammer spring legs to the hammer itself, in some way?

I tried contouring some plastic jaw pliers to hold the hammer. The pain problem was eliminated, but it was clumsy.

This tool looks great.
    Last edited by StainlessSlide; 03-19-15 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I ABSOLUTELY HATE installing triggers WITH A PASSION!!!and yes have wondered many times after ending up with nicks cuts bruises and all-around sore fingers out of breath cursing up a storm 'now why don't someone figure something out'...Looks like they finally did?
    Saw it earlier and didn't have much faith considering how useless much of their stuff is, but yeah with your endorsement I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks, Ned! I'm always looking for stuff that makes builds easier.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My trick is rock the hammer in until it'll stay cocked, even without the pin in place. In that position the holes are 90% lined up In you can finesse it from there. being cocked, it actually is holding the spring pressure for you so you're ot fighting it, but BEWARE, the hammer is dyin' to hit you in the bridge of the nose if it decides to come flying out. And those spring legs are sharp. Imagine waling into the E-room with an AR hammer hanging out of your eye-- so wear your glasses.

The Hammer Cage looked like something worth looking into and once looked into I thought it needed sharing.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Gordon at KNS sent me some when they first came out. I said the same thing after I saw it. The responses thus far from everyone have been positive.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd have to see it in action to get it. But I've never had a huge problem getting hammers installed before. I guess if I was doing several at a time, a tool would be nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, that's where it would come in the handiest, when a guy had a bunch to do, or a room full of guys could pass a few of these around.

If I were the hammer-putter-inner at NedArmCo putting in a hundred hammers a day, I'd insist on having one!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does it work with Geissele triggers? Those can be finger busters sometimes.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That I don't know. Here's a pic:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast