Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G-SD's are out!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    They say that minor work is needed to fit their G decocker to a factory G pistol. But it will fit.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...oductinfo/637/

I noticed my Wilson G converted pistol actuates the decocker with slightly less movement than the GSD I played with. Seems to only take about 2/3 travel to drop the hammer on mine.

The FS safeties won't work on the G.
    Thanks.

Any idea what's involved in fitting the decocker?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No idea there

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Thanks.

Any idea what's involved in fitting the decocker?
    Don't know how to either but...

I broke three punches trying to remove and reinstall a G decocker on one of my B92s. I don't remember why I was doing it but I remember telling to myself "never again". Driving those little pins in and out emptied my storage of foul words completely and it is a rather big storage....

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    According to email correspondence with Wilson, there shouldn't be any fitting needed with their G-series safety/decocker in a factory G gun.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Next question: What weight is the D spring? 16lbs.?

And the sand resistant M9A1 magazines are the best Beretta mags?
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the "stainless look" mags are cheaper and are electroless nickel coated. The PVD are nicer of course but 2x the price. The e-nickel are super slick to the touch, just like my PVD's. Unless you're operating operationally in the sandbox and need to stake your life on them, there's little benefit to spending more.

That said, I've got six PVD's, a dozen e-nickel/stainless and 15 more 17rd "Police Special" mags. Also...don't overlook the Mec-Gar 18rd w/ Plus2 bases. I have a couple and one was e-nickel coated with my frame safety gun and its every bit as nice as the PVD.
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes, according to everything I've read the D spring is 16 lbs. The best 16 lbs spring I've tried is the Wilson Combat chrome silicon.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Wilson Combat-ized my 92G-SD. I might even have more Wilson parts in my 92 than the "standard" Wilson-Beretta pistol comes with.

I'm impressed with how easy the frame is to detail strip. The slide was more of a pain, but it wasn't bad.

Observations: The factory D spring makes for an awesome trigger, especially when used with the short reach trigger.

The Wilson G decocker is insanely sharp. I wish Wilson would round the edges over. I've gone from battering my middle finger to battering the fat part of my palm.

.290" rear sight matches the Trijicon factory rear sight. But the rear sight is insanely difficult to remove - I fear I may have bent the slide somewhat (but not enough to impact function).
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Next question: What weight is the D spring? 16lbs.?

And the sand resistant M9A1 magazines are the best Beretta mags?
    I think the Beretta Sand Resistant magazines are the best magazines in the history of firearms. Beretta 92 mags are the most reliable and tough magazines I've seen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I think the Beretta Sand Resistant magazines are the best magazines in the history of firearms. Beretta 92 mags are the most reliable and tough magazines I've seen.
    I'm a fan as well.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast