Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G-SD's are out!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Not sure, but street price is about $1200. Or what the Wilson Combat gun is going for.

Seems like a pretty obvious choice between this and the Wilson, to me.
    If anyone bothered to go to Grant's website and look, HIS price is $1150. That is the best price I've seen for this gun. The local stores near me had prices going up to $200 more than Grant's. I've seen $1200 to $1350 !

At the SHOT show, a Beretta rep told me the MSRP will be $1300.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Not sure, but street price is about $1200. Or what the Wilson Combat gun is going for.

Seems like a pretty obvious choice between this and the Wilson, to me.
    I'm not really the scornful type, but at $1150, I'd have to agree with this. UNLESS you just like Beretta's the way they are. I did just put money down on a 92FS Brigadier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Wilsons are out of stock.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    The Wilsons are out of stock.
    And backorder-able.

But I guess if you're wanting instant gratification (and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing), it's your money, not mine. If it makes you happy....

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    A wealth of knowledge from Grant himself:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Beretta-92G-SD

To be honest this is probably the only model Beretta should make. Unless they decided to offer a model with all of this and the frame mounted thumb safety from the Combat frame with the option to convert to de-cocker, then that would be the only model they should make.
    Agree.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    What is MSRP?
    We are selling them for $1150 currently.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...n&key=J92GSD1M

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'm not really the scornful type, but at $1150, I'd have to agree with this. UNLESS you just like Beretta's the way they are. I did just put money down on a 92FS Brigadier
    That is what I ended up doing. I came SO, SO close to buying the Wilson model. But I sold off all my 92 variants with rails a while back. The gun balances better without the rail, IMHO. In the end, I just got a Brig and did a couple of mods to it. I'm satisfied. I think that they could sell a lot of these guns over time, and it's too bad that they are only making 500. That seems rather a dumb move. But, while it's tempting to snag one for an investment, I won't.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    ...it's too bad that they are only making 500. That seems rather a dumb move.
    Beretta is relying on the allure to move these... if they made them a regular part of the line-up, they wouldn't be able to command that price.

As it stands, the 92G-SD begs comparison with the SIG MK25, IMO, as both are full sized service pistols with decockers and factory night sights.

With the MK25 coming in at $250-$300 less, and with an extra mag in the box? I'll take the SIG all day-and-tomorrow.

Still, I'd love to own a 92G-SD if they were similarly priced with the 92A1. I'm not seeing all the extra value in one set of internals vs. another or those extra cuts for the checkering.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Beretta is relying on the allure to move these... if they made them a regular part of the line-up, they wouldn't be able to command that price.

As it stands, the 92G-SD begs comparison with the SIG MK25, IMO, as both are full sized service pistols with decockers and factory night sights.

With the MK25 coming in at $250-$300 less, and with an extra mag in the box? I'll take the SIG all day-and-tomorrow.

Still, I'd love to own a 92G-SD if they were similarly priced with the 92A1. I'm not seeing all the extra value in one set of internals vs. another or those extra cuts for the checkering.
    So...they're relying on collectors and people that are stupid enough to buy into the illusory lure of exclusivity? More power to that asshatterey...

I handled one of these today. The price tag read 1260 bucks. I laughed....hard. What a steaming hunk of turd this thing is for the price that you pay. They could at least offer it up with a trigger job or maybe a barsto barrel? From a performance standpoint, this gun offers you a G option and a heavier, brig slide that really isnt necessary unless you're throwing nato spec ammo at it all day. The guns design served a purpose and i think that Super Dave did a great job essentially putting lipstick on a pig.

Wait for an M9A3 or if you've got to have it, buy it from Grant, his price is not going to be beat.
    Last edited by Magsz; 03-22-15 at 21:11.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have always wanted a 92G-SD as a collector. I could not wait for the Beretta version, so I picked up one from Wilson. I was worried I would not get a SD with the low numbers being made. But just ordered a SD from Grant. I can wait to get it.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast