Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk me out of going back to a 7.5" 5.56 (from .300blk)

Feedback Score
    I don't get it? What's wrong with an AR pistol in a non free state?

On top of that what's wrong with a gun that's fun to shoot?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure what this is in response to?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    I don't get it? What's wrong with an AR pistol in a non free state?

On top of that what's wrong with a gun that's fun to shoot?

Feedback Score
    To KalashniKEV's post

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have been tempted by allure of the uber-shorty AR for a long time. I am glad I waited until the development of .300 BLK to indulge this.
    I am no ballistics expert, but 5.56 out of a 7.5" leaves a lot to be desired. Also a pistol length gas system with 5.56 pressure = no bueno for parts life.
    That's just my take. If talking 5.56 pistols, I'd just get a 10.5", or even better an 11.5" with a Sig brace.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I have been tempted by allure of the uber-shorty AR for a long time. I am glad I waited until the development of .300 BLK to indulge this.
    I am no ballistics expert, but 5.56 out of a 7.5" leaves a lot to be desired. Also a pistol length gas system with 5.56 pressure = no bueno for parts life.
    That's just my take. If talking 5.56 pistols, I'd just get a 10.5", or even better an 11.5" with a Sig brace.
    I get where you're coming from which is why I also have a 10.5 pistol I will eventually SBR but the 7.5 I have is just an awesome little PDW type gun.

I get why you could feel it leaves something to be desired.

Mine is very accurate and reliable and I'm simply confident if the I had to use it defensively that if I hit someone with 2 or 3 rounds in the chest I'm still going to stop the threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Again that's what I use the 8" .300 for. The 5.56 idea is simply for cheaper ammo options and fun. Wouldn't be used in any kind of defensive roll.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My 7.5" AR pistol is absolutely reliable, is easy to shoot, and doesn't set objects on fire with muzzle blast. With the development of Black Hills Barnes 50 TSX ammo, ballistic performance from the little gun is adequate for defensive use.

I understand they are not for everyone, but the Internet fodder that they will never be reliable and are not effective due to velocity loss are greatly exagerated.

The Black Hills was designed to be effective from barrels as short as 8" and XM193 can be used as training ammo at a much cheaper price.

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...ol-rifle-load/
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    I can also run my .22 bolt which I can't in my 300

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123