Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G2X Tactical on AR?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

G2X Tactical on AR?

I need a light for my rifle and I have been looking at this IWC SMC MOE mount with G2X tactical for a while. Has anyone mounted this light on their rifle? Does it stand up to recoil/abuse?

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...l-by-surefire/

My rifle, BCM upper/PSA lower

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yep, I have been using one in a Vtac mount for about two years now with no issues.
    image.jpg

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've had great luck with them.

I have one that's lived on a 7.62x39 AK for about 3000 rounds. It's had the rifle fall on it, it's been dropped, banged around, etc. No problems at all. Also have one that's been on an AR for about 1000 rounds or so, it's still working great as well. I have several Pro's around the house, as well, that get dropped, roll off counters, slung around in the back of the Jeep, etc. all the time. I trust them.

It's important to note that Surefire doesn't call it a weapon light, so while they are generally accepted to be good to go, Surefire makes no guarantees.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    EAG has been using those for years without problems on their fleet rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'm going to order it this afternoon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A fine set up. Ran one for some times before going to a dd rail and Scout light. The only knock I would put to it against the Scout is that the it is a bit heavier and the beam is not as tight. But then again at a third the price of the Scout it is a fair trade off.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    No problems here. I use the Surefire G2X with a DD offset light mount. The rail is a Magpul cantilever.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    A fine set up. Ran one for some times before going to a dd rail and Scout light. The only knock I would put to it against the Scout is that the it is a bit heavier and the beam is not as tight. But then again at a third the price of the Scout it is a fair trade off.
    From what I was told the beam is different because it's really made for use as a handheld search light vs a mounted weapon light.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ordered it, thanks for the responses guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    From what I was told the beam is different because it's really made for use as a handheld search light vs a mounted weapon light.
    It is. But again, depends on your wants and needs and if you prefer a tight beam or a beam with lots of spill. For HD work I don't think it will matter much to many. Also, as I said, at a third the cost, it is a damn fine set up.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast