Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really digging the P2000!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you are competing in IDPA, use your EDC. Unlike IPSC and USPSA, IDPA is meant for actual practical shooting under stress and not the game.

A P2K is my next gun since HK is dropping the prices on them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been back and forth on P2000SK for a while. Every time I convince myself to get one, I look at it and hold it and realize it's just not THAT much smaller than my P30 and won't really conceal any better.

Anyone out there have both and think the same or otherwise? I really want to like the P2000SK.

I carry AIWB in a Garrett ST if that helps or makes a difference at all.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDawg46L View Post
    I've been back and forth on P2000SK for a while. Every time I convince myself to get one, I look at it and hold it and realize it's just not THAT much smaller than my P30 and won't really conceal any better.

Anyone out there have both and think the same or otherwise? I really want to like the P2000SK.

Tapatalk'd
    That's like saying that a G19 won't conceal any better than a G17. It's been proven that it will. If you are of a bigger frame/size/build then hiding a bigger gun might be perfectly viable for you. However if you are smaller/average then it could be anything from doable but a pain to flat out impossible. A p2000sk is a night and day difference for someone my size.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    If you are competing in IDPA, use your EDC. Unlike IPSC and USPSA, IDPA is meant for actual practical shooting under stress and not the game.

A P2K is my next gun since HK is dropping the prices on them.

Well, the IDPA match, that would have been my first, was rained out this past Sat. I'll be going to a local USPSA one this weekend, though. My plan was to run a couple of matches with the Glock to get a feel for it and the whole match thing. Then yea - I DO want to try my P2000 at least one time. I want to see how I do compared to the Glock.

Tapatalk'd

The prices for the P2000 and P2000sks have really come down. I picked up a P2000sk too. I like the fullsize one more, but it is a nice gun. I plan to pocket carry it in my cargo pants in times where I would have pocket carried my Shield. In the cargo pants, the pockets are easily big enough. But, I probably won't use it that much compared to the regular P2000.

The P2000sk slide is at HK right now, getting factory night sights installed on it. They said a 2 week turn around, so hopefully I'll get it back sometime next week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Aside from less targets, boring stage designs, obese people wearing 5.11 gear and vests, hip carry only, a more generous head box, and in general being an easier game, they're the same game.

Shooting fast and getting hits...
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I'll trade you a 9mm P2K for that Gen4 17 you just bought.... :0
    I'm your huckleberry. Mine even has Warren sights too lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    That's like saying that a G19 won't conceal any better than a G17. It's been proven that it will. If you are of a bigger frame/size/build then hiding a bigger gun might be perfectly viable for you. However if you are smaller/average then it could be anything from doable but a pain to flat out impossible. A p2000sk is a night and day difference for someone my size.

I kinda agree and kinda disagree. For me, added concealment doesn't come from slide or grip length, but rather from grip width when wearing a more fitted t shirt in summertime. The P30 and SK are very similar in width.

I really want to test one out but can't find a dealer that's really ok with me sticking one down my pants.

Anyways, I've drifted this thread far enough and was hoping to get some definitive feedback from users. I do appreciate the responses!

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Love my SK.

DAMN! that viridian laser looks like it was made for your p2k.. thanks for sharing!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I kinda agree and kinda disagree. For me, added concealment doesn't come from slide or grip length, but rather from grip width when wearing a more fitted t shirt in summertime. The P30 and SK are very similar in width.

I really want to test one out but can't find a dealer that's really ok with me sticking one down my pants.

Anyways, I've drifted this thread far enough and was hoping to get some definitive feedback from users. I do appreciate the responses!

Tapatalk'd
    It really is situational and body type /clothing dependent. Width is definitely one of the bigger factors but for me at least grip length can be a huge deal at times. I plan to pick up a p2000sk some day as a more compact counter part to my VP9. The G19 /G26 combination works great for me but I'm starting to get into HK's now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Love my SK.

How do you like the light? I refuse to use one of there laser ones (not really a laser guy to begin with) but the light seems like it would work well for concealment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast