Thread: Real Surefire Scout?

Feedback Score

Real Surefire Scout?

I got a surefire scout in a trade. I want to put it on my AR, but I am not sure if it is real or not.

Some of the marking do not match the markings on the surefire website and the inside of the light, where the batteries go in is bare metal, no paint or anything on it.

and how do it tighten the light to my rail. The knob will not allow any screw driver etc, the best I can do is hand tighten.

If anyone can help me identity if this light is real or not.

Last edited by dale.gribble; 03-22-15 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Use a nickle or quarter to tighten the screw.

Feedback Score
    it looks like the new 1 they came out with at the show. I have 1 that looks very close they gave me as a sample but in the aa version some of the lettering is different. mine say ke1c. also before the words scout light it say aa. but that may be a factory thing. It looks real. only bug a boo is they are not supposed to be out till spring. mine is the only 1 they had as I do a ton with the Oklahoma hiway patrol,swat. I think its good but where did he get it. ?? there are not that many out there.i don't know if they are shipping yet.

carbine
    Last edited by carbine357; 03-23-15 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like my M600U that I bought last year. So I would say it is legit just by what I know. Surefire has changed the wording and style of the font over the years, also the letters/numbers on the head denote the model and output.

As far as the attachment, hand tighten it pretty much how to do it, maybe an extra quarter turn with a coin. I put witness marks, usually with some white paint, to be able to check to see if it has loosened since I have seen more than a few Scouts hanging from rails by pressure switches because they came loose. I like my Larue mount to solve that issue. And there are a number of other rail mounts that are not too pricey that can solve that as well, but you lose, if it matters, the relative ease of pulling the light off the weapon.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    A legit Scout light will be raw aluminum in the screw holes, head and tail cap threads, and inside of the body. Yours looks like it is the real thing.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Couldn't tell you if that is a clone or not but the best way to tighten that wacky screw is to remove the factory mount, tighten it by hand, throw it in the trash and replace it with this: https://www.gearsector.com/view/product/266/

Seriously, not trying to be a douche, but those Surefire screws are the work of a madman. Be very careful using any tools to tighten it because its really easy to bend the notch and turn that thing into a razor. I'm reminded of this every time I grip the M900 I have to use at work and I'm not even the guy who did it.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Besides the Laure inline QD mount, are there any decent inline mounts for Scout lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Besides the Laure inline QD mount, are there any decent inline mounts for Scout lights?
    http://arisakadefense.com/products/i...t-mount-keymod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    ADM has one. http://www.americandefensemanufactur...w/product/104/
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink