Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: auto BCG's on semi auto's

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    To echo Rob's post, folks get "bent out of shape" because 99% of the time the information is already available through the use of the search feature. I got 19 pages of results with a search on "full auto bcg."

Stephen

Preach it brother!

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sewvacman View Post
    If you just type in auto BCG the site won't even search for you.
    Actually, I just tested what you said and typed "auto BCG" in search and got 500 responses, granted, all of which may not have been what you were looking for.

In my post, which you quoted, the search function was a secondary recommendation. My primary recommendation was the knowledge-based threads, which I linked for you. The very first item on the page is about FA BCGs.

When I have a question I try the KBTs first to see if that topic is already there, It is a great tool and a lot of work went into it. I am really appreciative of them. The KBTs that Rob and I linked will answer many of not most of a noob's questions. At least they did for me, and still do. I thank all that contributed to them.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I just typed it again under All open forums and got the same result. Too many matches. Now if I start picking individual forums I'm sure I can narrow it down. What you guys think is common sense may not be to us newbie's. Yes we should start with the knowledge based threads but they aren't always the easiest to find, especially if you are computer illiterate like myself. I did all the research I could before I started asking stupid redundant questions. but I still asked and usually another member would direct me to the thread I needed. That's what I like about this site is that usually people are eager to help and get the right info out there.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sewvacman View Post
    I just typed it again under All open forums and got the same result. Too many matches. Now if I start picking individual forums I'm sure I can narrow it down. What you guys think is common sense may not be to us newbie's. Yes we should start with the knowledge based threads but they aren't always the easiest to find, especially if you are computer illiterate like myself. I did all the research I could before I started asking stupid redundant questions. but I still asked and usually another member would direct me to the thread I needed. That's what I like about this site is that usually people are eager to help and get the right info out there.

Generally speaking, if the question is AR related, just stick to searching those forums (would try the technical forum first).

We are eager to help, but just get tired of the same questions over and over. Don't take it personally.

C4

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This site has several sections of "knowledge base threads" There is a thread on this subject in the technical section.

AR Technical Discussion FAQ/Knowledge Base Threads
    Ya know I must have gone to that forum dozens of times in the last 2 weeks and never saw this thread. DOH! Gives you an idea of what your dealing with. I don't take it personally, I'm in sales and deal with redundance all day long, it can be a real pisser sometimes.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Questions

Here is a golden question a person new to any forum could consider (which would probably get answered with little annoyance):

I am new, so where would be a good place for me to start researching on this site?

or

Where are the FAQ's?

Based on the high level of professionalism of this site compared to other sites, someone would likely provide the link and politely welcome the new person, too.

It is important to note, while everyone has a right to ask a question -- NO ONE IS OBLIGATED TO ANSWER IT. If one asks a question that has been asked by every new person before, a somewhat annoyed response should be expected. This is human nature, just as some tolerance for reasonable growing pains should occur.

Still, while new people should be welcomed and encouraged, we should ALWAYS REMEMBER this is a privately-owned membership site, so without speaking for anyone else -- the RIGHT to blow off a question and confront people for acting as if they are entitled to a response is EXPLICITLY reserved.

Just MHO.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234