Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul Rifle Length Hand Guards

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I see FDE K-Var furniture.... I like it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    I see FDE K-Var furniture.... I like it.
    Good eye.

They like to call it "desert tan" it's a cool color...looks mean with a 4.5mm triangle folder.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fdxpilot View Post
    would that tab be there to allow the Magpul handguards to work with both circular and triangular endcaps?
    That's what I'm thinking.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Good eye.

They like to call it "desert tan" it's a cool color...looks mean with a 4.5mm triangle folder.
    Well... I was an AK guy long before I was an AR guy lol.

I've been kicking around the idea of the same setup a lot lately... Either building off a kit or getting a 107FR with a triangle folder and the "desert tan" handguards.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good to me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Well... I was an AK guy long before I was an AR guy lol.

I've been kicking around the idea of the same setup a lot lately... Either building off a kit or getting a 107FR with a triangle folder and the "desert tan" handguards.
    Nice! Gotta love the AK. Tough to beat the 107FR especially when they are under $1K (I may or may not have four of them). Unfortunately as I am sure you know kits (especially original barrel kits) really aren't that cheap anymore.

eta: I think they call it desert sand not tan...not that it really matters but incase someone was searching on FDE and coming up empty. I have seen some retailers call it FDE...
    Last edited by Flankenstein; 03-25-15 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    at first i thought that was cholesterol but its gotta be testosterone.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolt View Post
    at first i thought that was cholesterol but its gotta be testosterone.
    Correct.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Nice! Gotta love the AK. Tough to beat the 107FR especially when they are under $1K (I may or may not have four of them). Unfortunately as I am sure you know kits (especially original barrel kits) really aren't that cheap anymore.

eta: I think they call it desert sand not tan...not that it really matters but incase someone was searching on FDE and coming up empty. I have seen some retailers call it FDE...
    Heh, FDE, desert sand, desert tan, it's all short for "should really just paint the stupid thing" I guess.

I never had a Bulgarian before, just Russian, Romanian, Serbian, and a Polish for a short while. I like Bulgarians, just never got around to buying one. I'd like one just to have, but also because my SGL-21 is just tits, but it is the fixed version, and that will forever nag me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Heh, FDE, desert sand, desert tan, it's all short for "should really just paint the stupid thing" I guess.

I never had a Bulgarian before, just Russian, Romanian, Serbian, and a Polish for a short while. I like Bulgarians, just never got around to buying one. I'd like one just to have, but also because my SGL-21 is just tits, but it is the fixed version, and that will forever nag me.
    Yea making that SGL an AK-103 clone would take a pretty penny now and most 5.5mm trunnions floating around are the lame civilian cut out kind.

I REALLY like the SLRs. They are obviously not true AK-103 clones but they are very high quality.

Pic from another thread I just posted showing my new A4 (few SLRs in the background)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Flankenstein; 10-22-15 at 16:02.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12