Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saker 556 or Saker K for SBR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trooper84 View Post
    Also, any concerns at all will the direct mounting backing off when shot?
    I'd be curious to hear the answer to this as well, from Nick or anyone else who has experience with direct thread centerfire rifle cans. I check often with a pistol caliber can - same with rifle?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carftopher View Post
    I'd be curious to hear the answer to this as well, from Nick or anyone else who has experience with direct thread centerfire rifle cans. I check often with a pistol caliber can - same with rifle?
    Yes direct thread cans do back off occasionally.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like I should try to get with someone who has a full sized Saker, Omega, and Saker K to do some hands on comparison. I only have my SDN-6 as a first hand reference and the reason I'm looking for a 556 can is because it's long and heavier than a dedicated 556 can. I don't want to over think it, but at the same time, I don't want to be underwhelmed by my choice either. I feel like having as short and light of can as possible while still offering decent suppression capabilities is what I am ultimately after... so I'm leaning more towards the K or possibly the Omega as a thread on with 556 end cap.

Everywhere I have looked though it seems like the Omega would run a bit more as I would have to buy the 556 thread on mount and 556 end cap in addition to make it work. Can anyone confirm the length and weight of an Omega set up as thread mount with flat end cap?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat for the Specwar 556 or 556 k. I like the k as its a good bit lighter and smaller. Their website and their video have way different dB ratings and that's confusing me.

Their site states the

556 at 130 dB
    556k at. 133.6 dB

Video shows
    556 at. 133 dB
    556k at. 137 dB
    Last edited by Socom Elite; 03-31-15 at 13:36.
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW...I have a couple 11.5" SBR's, and what I like most about them, is them being short, light, and handy.

I've used them in conjunction with an AAC M42000 for about 4 years, and then I just kinda realized that I was opting not to use the suppressor for about 90% of my shooting because it was just taking away from what I liked best about my rifles.

I sold the M42000, and went with Knight's new mini QDC can. It's not as quiet, but again...quiet wasn't the reason I liked my SBR's so much...and now I don't have a thousand dollar muffler wasting it's life in a range bag!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I ran an AAC Mini4 on my 11.5 for awhile and the muzzle flash was massive- I just couldn't do it anymore so I picked up a Surefire SOCOM 556 RC and so far it seems perfect. My Mini4 will go back on my 14.5 where it seemed perfect.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What is the overall length and weight of the Omega with the ASR Mount and 5.56 End Cap?

To me it comes down to the SpecWar K vs. the Omega

I think they offer the best Balance of size, weight and noise suppression.

The versatility of the Omega gives it the nod over the Saker's for me considering the price is so close.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd go with the K version. I bought a full size Specwar 556 for my 10.5. It's long and makes the rifle front heavy. I subsequently bought the Specwar K. Maximum decibel reduction is not as important as I once thought it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12