Thread: thanks guys..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thanks guys..

I shot some of my reloads today for the first time. Win 231 4.3gr at 1.140 OAL they shot nice, low recoil,as a matter a fact iam gona speed um up a bit. My wife should love shooting them though becouse of the little less recoil.
    Thanks for all your help answering my dumb questions it really helped,i will go through my brass to night and inspect it for any signs of problems,but i dont think there will be,no ftf or fte grouped up nice but i was only shooting
    10 yards or so , thats a lot closer than i normaly shoot. You could tell the difference in 1.140 and 1.135 though or at least 1.135 seemsed a little closer to factory power. Maybe that was just me though. I took the time to make sure each round was exactly the same length and charge rate.
    Iam a .45 guy but now iam hooked on the glock 19 9mm and slowing them down a little bit may make for some great hollow point def.loads,you dont want the bullet to go all the way through,so i see some experiments in the future loading some hornady def. Bullets.

Ps. My hornady headspace gauge you guys recommend should be in soon from midway and i look forward to loading some .223 one of these days also. Iam afraid ill have some more noob questions when that starts..lol

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to reload myself and am looking forward to getting some trigger time in. Lots of great info here.

As for defensive loads, make sure you test them. Many loads penetrate more at lower velocities due to less expansion.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-26-15 at 08:46.

Feedback Score
    Happy for your success. That's very close to my range load with FMJ; comfortable and all my 9s digest it just fine. I'm surprised that you could tell the difference with a 0.005 shorter OAL, I'm not sure I've ever noticed much of a difference shortening a 4.3 gr 231 load by 0.01. Maybe I should pay more attention.....

Have fun and be safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It may have just been me noticing the difference,thinking about the pressure difference in the shorter case. Thats the recommended length the speer manual wants,i made them a little longer,all the factory ammo i had measured 1.150 (blazer and Fed)so i was a little nervous making 1.135 with win 231.

Iam looking forward to making some .223 i needed some today to try and sight a rifle in and it was $43 for a box of fed. 193 on strippers,didnt need the stripper clips but its all i could find. Today my hornady headspace gauge came in so i can properly set up my rifle dies.