Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi .357 Cylinder Jam

Feedback Score
    I had one a number of years ago that the center pin would get stuck. Either in or out. Usually it was stuck in and the cylinder would not latch, but sometimes it would cause the cylinder to stick. I really did not want to mess with the warranty, so I took a drill bit and just slightly reamed out the ejector center where the center pin sticks though. Fixed all of the problems and it was quite reliable after that. I guess there were some small burrs(couldn't see any) or it was under size to begin with...

Feedback Score
    My brother had bought one of the large frame 7 or 8 shot .357 Taurus models that did the same thing. After firing one or two cylinders full the thing just plain locked up after his 3rd shot, with the cylinder bound in place and unable to open. We kept it pointed downrange and just keep gently trying to work the latch and the hammer. Eventually the gun opened up after we played with it enough. My brother sold the gun shortly after with full disclosure to the new owner about what had happened.

As stated before, if you do get it open check the ejector rod. Also check the cylinder face to see if it has any carbon buildup on it, and check the gap with a set feeler gauges to see if it's too tight as that may also bind the gun up. I don't remember the exact measurements for what is considered proper, but you should be able to easily find them with a google search.

Feedback Score
    My Rossi has been rock solid, have had it 20 years. I have heard of and seen Taurus Revolvers having issues as of late. I thought their semi auto line was lack luster, well seems the revolvers may also be. Let us know what happens with yours.

Feedback Score
    I was pleased to find Academy Sports selling the 3" Rossi .357 a few years ago.
    You don't see many .357s with a 3" barrel, and they had a great price on it.
    I bought one.
    Worked just fine firing .38 rounds.
    1 or 2 shots of .357 and the cylinder locked up.
    Switched back to .38, then .357. Same results every time.

Sold it with full disclosure (at a significant loss) to a coworker.
    Now it's S&W or Ruger wheelguns for me.
    Last edited by mini14jac; 05-06-15 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many years ago when S&W L frame 686 came out...I got two in a row that you couldn't fire one cylinder thru w/o locking...TIGHT. Third one worked fine. I read several years later S&W recalled a bunch due to undersized cylinders jamming the guns. This MIGHT be a cause. That, and its a Rossi.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12