Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF Form 5320.20 "Destination Address" Advise

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

ATF Form 5320.20 "Destination Address" Advise

I've not filled out one of these forms for my SBR.

Interested is getting some insight for those of you who have filled these forms out as it relates to the destination address.

Where I live in my home state is very close to an adjacent state. We camp in the other non-resident state quite a bit so I don't really have a specific address on where we camp - it can very greatly.

I plan on submitting for a one year time period but unsure of what to do with the address? Thanks for the insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 03-26-15 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just went on a hunting trip down in FL and took my SBRs. I used the Winn Dixie as an address, it was approved without issue.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The camp site will have an address, even if it's the address of the Ranger Station in the National Forest. Get as close to your intended address, without willfully attempting to mislead, and you should be fine.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    They used to take alternatives to an actual street address. You could submit an intersection, or GPS coordinates. I know I saw a report in the last couple weeks of somebody being Disapproved for using GPS coordinates. Seems to be no logic as to why they changed, and it may not be all examiners doing it that way.

I usually just pick a gun shop or range close to the border. I try to keep approved forms for each state that touches NC, with no actually plans or location to visit (except for my dad who lives just across the border in SC).

You just need interstate approval, not intrastate approval.

ETA: also of note, I've had forms approved in the last six months that I've mailed in, emailed, and also faxed.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-26-15 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I should add that the Winn Dixie was the closest thing I could get with an address where we were hunting. I repeatedly asked the lessor for the address of 3000 acre cattle ranch but got nothing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A physical address that mail can be delivered to is probably some new SOP that ATF memo'd internally.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Much peace
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good idea.

Will ATF accept P.O. Boxes for the address? Seem all these particular sites are P.O. boxes? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    The camp site will have an address, even if it's the address of the Ranger Station in the National Forest. Get as close to your intended address, without willfully attempting to mislead, and you should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Good idea.

Will ATF accept P.O. Boxes for the address? Seem all these particular sites are P.O. boxes? Thanks.
    Pretty sure they want a physical address. Same rule for F1/F4.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks. Sorry I missed that from a previous reply. I hate Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Pretty sure they want a physical address. Same rule for F1/F4.

Feedback Score
    Unless I have a very specific destination I'm going to such as a training class or facility I will pick a shooting range at the furthest possible extent of the state from me.

For example, when I file a form for Texas because I tend to travel to various places in the state I will typically file it with the address for Massey's Shooting Range in Brownsville. While I've been there before and may go yet again, Mr. Massey is extremely nice and his facility is right on the Rio Grande and quite literally bordered on three sides by the water. Is backstop is practically Mexico and he's only 2 miles from the gulf.

Basically I do this to try and avoid the question of, "well what are you doing here with this item if you're supposed destination is all the way on the other side of the state that youve already come through?"

Ek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast