Thread: Can anyone ID this knockoff?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Can anyone ID this knockoff?

I found this knife a few years ago. It felt pretty solid and held a good edge so I threw it a handgun bag that I occasionally carry as a spare on trips. About a year ago the pocket clip fell off while I was using it. I figured the screws had loosened over time and it wasn't a huge deal since I rarely ever carried it. Yesterday I finally emailed Kershaw about getting some replacement screws sent out. They replied that unfortunately they couldn't help me because it was NOT a Kershaw knife, regardless of what the name on the blade says. Like I said, it's not a big deal because it was free and I don't plan on carrying it. I'm just curious to know who made it maybe even get some replacement screws.
    The markings you see on the blade are the only markings on the knife anywhere. Also, if it helps, it's an assisted opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    No clue. I'd just go to the hardware store and buy some bolts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My guess is you bought it at a gun show. Am I close?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The first sentence of my original post says I found it. You are not even in the ballpark partner. Knockoff junk from gunshows don't tickle my fancy. I'll try a hardware store and see what I come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    I found this knife a few years ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    My guess is you bought it at a gun show. Am I close?

Last edited by longball; 04-14-15 at 21:06.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    If you bought something that the maker wanted you to think was a Kershaw and not theirs, then no matter who made it they're unlikely to own up to it, ... right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    The first sentence of my original post says I found it. You are not even in the ballpark partner. Knockoff junk from gunshows don't tickle my fancy. I'll try a hardware store and see what I come up with.
    "Found" could have mean you came across it by chance and bought it. My mistake. Most of those fake knockoffs of legit brands are at gunshows...and this being a gun forum...well you get the connection. Didn't mean to offend.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's a knock-off... I would junk it or gift to it to a young relative and buy a real one instead of wasting time trying to fix a piece of questionable quality.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    "Found" could have mean you came across it by chance and bought it. My mistake. Most of those fake knockoffs of legit brands are at gunshows...and this being a gun forum...well you get the connection. Didn't mean to offend.
    I'm not offended man. I didn't mean to sounds rude. My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    It's a knock-off... I would junk it or gift to it to a young relative and buy a real one instead of wasting time trying to fix a piece of questionable quality.
    I've got real knives (Benchmades, Spydercos, Knives of Alaska) I'm happy with using for anything important. Although it's pedigree is questionable it has been surprisingly durable. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I'll look around and see what I can come up with.

Last edited by longball; 04-15-15 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It looks similar to a bunch of knockoffs I ran into while overseas. There is a massive industry pumping out name brand look alines and selling them to US servicemen. By the time I came back at least half of my guys had picked up some flavor of faux bench made / kershaw / CRKT / etc. Not always bad pieces of kit but definitely not as good as the original.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomDoc View Post
    It looks similar to a bunch of knockoffs I ran into while overseas. There is a massive industry pumping out name brand look alines and selling them to US servicemen. By the time I came back at least half of my guys had picked up some flavor of faux bench made / kershaw / CRKT / etc. Not always bad pieces of kit but definitely not as good as the original.
    That's funny, I had the same experience with a knife I bought in Baghdad. I wrote the company and they said it wasn't one of theirs, but asked me where I had purchased it.
    I'm not a snob about knives, I would hate to lose a nice one, so most of my EDC knives are in the $50.00 range.