Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlecomp vs. Dynacomp

Feedback Score

Battlecomp vs. Dynacomp

So I'm in the process of working on an upper build, just ordered BCM KMR handguard for it, and am looking at what muzzle device I want. The top contender is the Battlecomp 1.0, but I've also looked at the Spike's Dynacomp and the BCM Compensator, the last two on that list I can find locally much easier and are also cheaper.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this or suggestions? I don't have much experience with anything other than the A2 which sits on my SBR.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No experience with the spikes. You really won't find that much love for spikes here, but maybe. You'll need to just decide what way you want to go with things. More interested in flash with a little muzzle control or vice versa. There's some good comparisons on the web and on this site. If I was ordering a non suppressor specific muzzle device for a weapon I would go with the BCM for a jack of all trades inexpensive device or go with something else all together. Just do some searches.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I would reccomend neither the Battlecomp nor the Dynacomp. Both are a little bit old-tech in terms of comp style muzzle device design IMO. I've owned a couple Battlecomps and didn't like the downward muzzle push it creates. Also, Battlecomp adds some back pressure on the gas system. I quit fooling around with comp style muzzle devices a while ago, but just based on the info. from this forum, I would advise looking at the Precision Armament AFAB mini, or EFAB hybrid muzzle devices. Both seem to have good to excellent muzzle compensation and flash reduction without much, if any, increase in back pressure.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    I would reccomend neither the Battlecomp nor the Dynacomp. Both are a little bit old-tech in terms of comp style muzzle device design IMO. I've owned a couple Battlecomps and didn't like the downward muzzle push it creates. *** but just based on the info. from this forum, I would advise looking at the Precision Armament AFAB mini, or EFAB hybrid muzzle devices. Both seem to have good to excellent muzzle compensation and flash reduction without much, if any, increase in back pressure.
    I agree with this. I've used both the Battlecomp and Dynacomp and am not highly impressed with either one. Griffin makes a similar device in regular and "flash comp" versions; the regular version is basically the same as the BC/DC, but the flash comp version seems to have more recoil reduction, in addition to reducing flash. I can somewhat recommend that based on personal experience. The Precision Armament devices sound better still, but I haven't used them. The BCM has not had good reviews from people I've talked to who own them.

There is a big big test of devices with measurements of recoil reduction here:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...vice-shootout/

It's not gospel but I think it's worth reviewing before you buy.

If your carbine is for all-around use, the cheap, old school, boring-as-dirt A2 flash hider is actually a pretty good compromise with no major drawbacks. For dedicated gamer use, I would get a conventional muzzle brake. Most of the devices that provide meaningful recoil reduction also add a lot of blast and noise.

Feedback Score
    I have a BCM Comp mod 0, I really like it for something that does everything well, having said that, my other rifle has a PWS Fsc 556 comp pinned and welded and I love that as a pure compensator, Griffin also has some great offerings, if I was to get rid of my BCM i'd probably go with a Griffin armament
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have used all of the devices discussed here minus the dynacomp. I have to agree that the battlecomp is pretty far down the list. The bcm does a ok job. Same with the Pws. The PA EFAB is outstanding. Just like my MAMS. These are the closet feeling to neutral muzzle movement other the my surefire brakes, etc. If money didn't matter and you could find a MAMS that would be my first choice. Second would be the EFAB. While I only have a few hundred on the EFAB, it outperforms BCM comps, every battlecomp I've ever shot, and every other muzzle device that's not a brake hands down. While I'm not saying that others are bad choices, there are just better devices out there now that have had a lot more R&D go into them. Look up the EFAB. It is baffles if you will all the way down the muzzle device with the ports being drilled each at 3 separate angles, it is a piece of art that performs outstanding.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-28-15 at 08:25.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Second would be the EFAB. While I only have a few hundred on the EFAB, it outperforms BCM comps, every battlecomp I've ever shot, and every other muzzle device that's not a brake hands down. While I'm not saying that others are bad choices, there are just better devices out there now that have had a lot more R&D go into them. Look up the EFAB. It is baffles if you will all the way down the muzzle device with the ports being drilled each at 3 separate angles, it is a piece of art that performs outstanding.
    Yes, this is what I was talking about http://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-...p/xhp556fc.htm, the EFAB is from Precision Armament and not from Griffin, but I've heard nothing but good things, the question is, is it $50 better, I don't know, but I hope it helps your search
    Last edited by Hank6046; 03-27-15 at 22:26. Reason: *spelling brought to you by Glenmorangie Scotch
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I never had any "downward push" with any battlecomp. I have the 1.0 and 51T.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    A video Highjak86 Made on this subject.

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast