Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review: Ameriglo CAP, Defoor AND Pro-I Dot Glock Sights

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Voodoo_Man, thank you for the excellent write up. I've been running Trijicon HDs (yellow) on my G23 for several years. I've been very happy with them however, I'm always open to exploring new options. I recently picked up a G43 and the stock sights need to go. The Ameriglo CAPs look like an option worth exploring. The main thing I'm concerned about with Ameriglo is; will they hold up? This is a defensive weapon and reliability is paramount. I'm not sure it's worth the risk.........
    I've run Ameriglo's for years. I'm currently running the defoor sights with the tritium dot in the front sight. They are good to go. I'll be swapping to the FBI Ameriglo submission sights soon.

The HDs are nice but a little on the big side for me. I've run them for a few years as well and will be doing a review soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I Glance through this thread, and did not see that anyone mentioned the Defoor front sight with the tritium front that Ameriglo sells: http://ameriglo.com/products/glock-d...ant=7554825025

The dot is low on the front sight post so it doesn't interfere with a daylight picture, at night you put it in the bottom of the notch.

I agree, with your OP, the fefoors are very accurate, here is a snippet from Defoor's page about them:

Ameriglo Defoor Tactical Sights

By the late 2000s myself and some others were seeing the benefits of wider rear notches combined with serrated front posts. This was not new in itself but the combo I came up with; 150 wide rear, 115 wide front and all black was. I based the front width off the average width of a man's head at 25 yards. The rear notch provided the best balance for speed and accuracy and combined with slight serrations worked all the time even in the dark with a flashlight. I later added a single tritium dot as low as possible to the front post, again, I don't think this had been done before. The reason was so that daytime shooting didn't change and the placement of the dot low in the post has never effected low light shooting performance that I know of- best of both worlds. Development time on the all black was 4-6 months. The tritium version was another 3 months.
    I am currently running the defoor sights with the tritium dot. They are good as I stated above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I picked up a set of the above linked sights for a G35 and love them...once you get used to it having the tritium low in the post is really helpful at night versus having it higher and the thin front blade makes distance shots easy. They're probably my favorite night sights but I'm not plunking down a grand to convert over, so for now the rest of my Glocks wear either factory night sights or 3-dot Trijicons.
    I know what you mean, I have a set on a Glock 19 and I really like them.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Could you use a Vickers rear with a TRIJICON HD front?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    Could you use a Vickers rear with a TRIJICON HD front?
    Probably, the Vickers sights were pretty tall. I'm sure someone will look up the dimensions, I didn't care for them personally.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    voodoo,

Is the front tritium actually useful on this one? One of the big complaints with the TCAP front is that the tritium tube is so small it is nearly useless.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post

What model sights are these?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    voodoo,

Is the front tritium actually useful on this one? One of the big complaints with the TCAP front is that the tritium tube is so small it is nearly useless.
    Define useful? These are aiming point of front sight ledge. So if you put the dot on a person the bullet should impact just above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    What model sights are these?
    FBI Contract sights.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Define useful? These are aiming point of front sight ledge. So if you put the dot on a person the bullet should impact just above it.

FBI Contract sights.
    Can you see it under the same lighting conditions that you can see other tritium sights (e.g. dusk and dawn), or is it only visible in very dark conditions and overpowered by the brightness of the rear tritium?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Can you see it under the same lighting conditions that you can see other tritium sights (e.g. dusk and dawn), or is it only visible in very dark conditions and overpowered by the brightness of the rear tritium?
    They are tritium tubes, so yeah. They are almost identical to my duty (trijicon) sights except brighter (since my duty gun is old)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast