Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many mags make it worth carrying AR-15 for you?

Feedback Score

how many mags make it worth carrying AR-15 for you?

I have no clue were to post this thread so you are welcome to move it to the appropriate place if needed.This is a question of your personal opinion. Im curious what all the different opinions/reasons will be.

For those that carry any type of SBR, AR/AK Pistol, rifle, shotgun in your truck or EDC backpack when out and about whenever it may be.... do you feel like you need to carry "X" # of mags/rounds to make it worth the extra weight/hassle of bringing it along over just having your standard EDC load out? or do you feel like you don't really need that many extra mags? You bring that extra firearm platform (whatever it may be) because its gives you an advantage over a standard pistol for the "occasion".

I personally feel like I don't really need to bring more than 3-5 (30rd'ers) including the one in the gun.

what say you?

know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    If you're carrying your ar in your truck and you carry more than 2 30 round mags, what fire fight are you planning to get in where you need more than 30 rounds? Do you live in Compton?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As usual, the common answer will likely be "it depends." Situation drives gear, after all. What is the expected threat/scenario?

That being said, for normal circumstances here at home, I think one in the well and two reloads is a reasonable number to carry and more than enough for nearly every situation. I consider that my basic loadout.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brettd1982 View Post
    If you're carrying your ar in your truck and you carry more than 2 30 round mags, what fire fight are you planning to get in where you need more than 30 rounds? Do you live in Compton?
    as I said before "Im curious what all the different opinions/reasons will be" thanks for yours

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    As usual, the common answer will likely be "it depends." Situation drives gear, after all. What is the expected threat/scenario?

That being said, for normal circumstances here at home, I think one in the well and two reloads is a reasonable number to carry and more than enough for nearly every situation. I consider that my basic loadout.
    it does depend. it depends on the person, were they live, were they are going.....and mostly....what their opinion is. just curious and starting a conversation is all. I know a guy that carry's a SCAR registered as a pistol and he has about 10 full mags in his truck bag. I know another guy that only has one mag in his truck gun.

everyone I different.

Feedback Score
    As said it will vary from state to state, sometimes just due to legal reasons. In PA as a pistol ar it's fine to keep loaded in a car with an LTCF. As a rifle it's a no no. As an SBR it appears to be legal but it's highly technical and you will have a fight about it.

So in PA it's illegal to actually have a loaded truck gun.

Feedback Score
    for clarification this isn't a question about laws

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I keep armor in the truck, with 2 mags on it.
    The truck usually has between 2 and 20 filled mags bouncing around, with at least 1 readily available to stuff into the gun.
    I'm not doing team-based enclosure clearing for a living anymore, so the 2 extra mags are really just there in case I drop/damage the one in the carbine, refresh a depleted mag, and account for the possibility that one of the two on my vest will be dropped or damaged.
    The most important items on the armor will probably be the TQ, chest seals, and pressure pads, if I actually wind up in a shooting solution.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I carry 4 in a vest with armor BO kit. Very simple set up. Looking for a 6 mag pouch, will carry 6 then. If you can carry it with relative ease, it's not too much.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I haven't carried my AR with me but I have considered it for the second reason you mentioned. It would be for the benefits of shooting rifle over pistol (mainly my level of accuracy with each) instead of simple magazine capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast