Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy Evaluation of a Bravo Company 14.5” Barrel

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    75grtppu.jpgGreat info, Molon. Good to see you posting here again. Just thought I'd add some more data to this thread since I was at the range today, and it's relevant to BCM 14.5" barrels.

BCM KMR upper with ELW fluted 14.5" barrel
    Ammo prvi partisan 75 gr HPBT match
    distance 100 yds
    optic: nightforce 2.5-10x
    front bipod, rear bean bag

Feedback Score
    Great info guys, I appreciate it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Welcome back! Good to see these posts again!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not bad, BCM... Thanks for the informative read

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrasks View Post

I''d REALLY like to see this identical test done using the
    same weapon and shooter with some quality 77 grain ammo .

Some hard data on how much the groups are affected would be great .
    The barrel used in this evaluation shot slightly better with my hand-loaded 55 grain BlitzKings than it did with my hand-loaded 77 grain loads, but unfortunately, the targets for the 77 grain loads were torn-up by my cocker-spaniel.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    The barrel used in this evaluation shot slightly better with my hand-loaded 55 grain BlitzKings than it did with my hand-loaded 77 grain loads, but unfortunately, the targets for the 77 grain loads were torn-up by my cocker-spaniel.

That's funny. I mean, having your hard work torn to shreds isn't funny. But the picture is worth a thousand words and made me chuckle.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Not exactly apples to apples but in Molon's evaluation of 8 different Noveske barrels there is a lightweight profile accuracy test in there. Compared to the midweight Noveske barrel you do end up losing a good bit of accuracy potential.

Noveske 14.5” “Skinny” Barrel

The Novekse 14.5” “Skinny” barrel was tested while wearing a Centurion free-float rail. For this barrel, I fired eight 10-shot groups in a row from the bench at a distance of 100 yards using match-grade hand-loads. The extreme spreads for those eight groups were as follows:

1.78”
    1.89”
    1.68”
    1.71”
    1.81”
    2.12”
    1.60”
    1.84”

for an average extreme spread of 1.8” and a composite mean radius of 0.55”.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post

That's an interesting as well as humorous result .

Given the BCM's twist rate most experts would
    have us predict the opposite .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd love to do a test like this with my 16" bfh barrel, my first time out with it produced 6" @100yd groups with PMC x-tac, and an eotech. Minute of man is good enough for me but it worries me I have a bad barrel, or had a very bad range day. My colt and eotech I can produce 1.5-2" groups with the same lot of ammo.
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
    I'd love to do a test like this with my 16" bfh barrel, my first time out with it produced 6" @100yd groups with PMC x-tac, and an eotech. Minute of man is good enough for me but it worries me I have a bad barrel, or had a very bad range day. My colt and eotech I can produce 1.5-2" groups with the same lot of ammo.
    Is it in a BCM assembled upper?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast