Thread: TLR-3

Feedback Score

TLR-3

So I bought a TLR-3 light for my Glick 19. I'm having an bitch of a time trying to attach the e-clip to the end of tension bolt. I've already lost one (of the two included) in the carpet.

So my question is this: is this e-clip really necessary? And if it is, what's the best way to install the e-clip?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    No, the e-clip is not really necessary, but it allows you to easily attach and remove the light without unscrewing the tension knob fully every time you want to take the light off. Thus, reducing the possibility of having your parts fall all over and losing them. It is a quick detach type system, and the clip should just snap easily into place. However, this is only possible when the light is assembled off of the rail. If you attempt to attach the e-clip when on the rail you will tighten the bolt up before enough of the end is showing to snap the clip on (which is what I did first time around). When I assembled the light off of the rail and tightened the bolt up until enough of the end stuck out the clip easily snapped into place.

Here is a you tube install video, it is not the best but it gives you the idea.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV8fE6gmDS8

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the assist! Really appreciate it!

The TLR-3 is a good light for the money, but Stream Light may want rethink the e-clip piece and design another securement method.

Especially useful for those of us with fat fingers!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)