Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haley's Videos no loner available on Panteao

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IZinterrogator View Post
    In stock and on sale at Brownells as of right now.
    You're the man, thanks.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    From the Panteao website:

" When Travis Haley publicly stated that the Magpul videos he previously “created, produced, and directed” should not be purchased from Magpul because they are now 7 years old, that did not sit well with us. The videos Panteao Productions filmed with Travis were released in 2011. At what point would those videos be deemed outdated? Should every instructional video come with an expiration date? We don’t think so.

It’s the position of Panteao Productions that training videos do not come with an expiration date. While doctrine may change over the years and techniques may fall out of fashion, it’s still important to document an instructor’s course and training techniques. It’s a piece of history, giving us insight to what was taught at the time and why. In addition, the fundamentals are always the core of any firearms instruction. Unless humans sprout a third arm or leg, the fundamentals will remain the same.

The decision was made to discontinue the Travis Haley videos and remove them from the Panteao website. They were pulled on January 1, 2015. We wish Travis well in his ventures."
    Thanks, I had not seen that.

Did a little googling:
    From Haley's Facebook feed...

I've had a lot of people ask me about this: Be careful buying training DVDs that 7 yrs old. If you know how adaptive we are in our training programs then you get my point... If you don't then here: DO NOT BUY THESE. "yes this message is approved by Travis Haley."

Later he clarifies...

Mostly because I created, produced and directed these. So I know the material very well. There is a lot that I would take back and add which we do now in our programs. The Panteao videos are a massive improvement as it pertains to material and even those are becoming older and need to be updated. So no it wont get you killed, but there is better material since then. http://haleystrategic.com/store/dvd.php

I guess this was a big deal for a day or two.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Personally, I think Haley wasn't as clear as he should have been in the first place and Panteao blew it out of proportion. IMHO, TTPs do improve with time, but training on outdated TTPs is better than not training at all. I have both Haley's Magpul videos and Panteao videos and I will continue to study them both to find the stuff in there that works for me.
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I think Haley wasn't as clear as he should have been in the first place and Panteao blew it out of proportion.
    Agreed. What if Haley had said, "I have newer DVDs that reflect my current teaching and evolution. I recommend you purchase those newer DVDs". Would anyone have faulted him for saying it that way? (And that's how I interpret his remarks). Panteao have quite a few DVDs that are getting on in years. Perhaps they are a bit defensive.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think he's been out of the Marines too long.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Instructor Drama. They (instructors) are, for the most part, worse than High school chicks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Notice he's saying not to buy the magpul discs, from the company name didn't have a great departure from.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Instructor Drama. They (instructors) are, for the most part, worse than High school chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Notice he's saying not to buy the magpul discs, from the company name didn't have a great departure from.
    Exactly. As soon as he left Magpul Haley bashed anything and everything that Magpul was involved in. All of a sudden the DVD's, ACR, PMAGS, MS2 slings, etc. were junk.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-08-15 at 19:15.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Exactly. As soon as he left Magpul Haley bashed anything and everything that Magpul was involved in. All of a sudden the DVD's, ACR, PMAGS, MS2 slings, etc. were junk.
    The bad lever and MS2 sling were his creations, I had prototypes of both at one time before magpul when he was Simply Dynamic Inc in Hawaii.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I didn't keep track of how he bashed Magpul when he left. Maybe it wasn't classy. (Not doubting you, just saying I don't know what was said.)

However, I have zero problem with him saying don't buy the Magpul videos because he has a newer, better product out there. What do you expect? Would Panteao want him to say "yeah, buy either series. It's 80% the same material anyway"?

Of course not.

When Lee Iacocca left Ford and went to Chrysler, do you think he told people to buy the 7 year old Fords that he designed? Hell, no. He said "Buy a Chrysler. It's my best work to date."

(Btw, I've obtained a copy of the Haley Panteao video. I don't like it. While I respect Haley, I don't like his teaching style or his use of pseudo-scientific buzzwords. I think he makes things more complicated than they need to be, IMHO. Two thumbs down.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12