Here's my regime

As to rd count, it's usually 150-+200 5.56mm and 200 9mm.
I 'll start with pistol and my Homemade IDPA Cardboard tgts at 5 yds.
one full magazine (17rds) as a warm up. I'll practice my presentation and put the first rd COM and the next 16 rds in the same spot (or at least try to) I concentrate on my presentation, my grip, front site pic and trigger press and trigger reset.

I go slow and shoot for accuracy and correct form.

from there I'll start to speed up. 1-2 additional mags worth.

Then I sling up my AR and do the same thing at the same distance for 28 rds. concentrating on the same thing (minus the front site as I'm an Aimpoint guy..)

After my warm up I work on Emergency reloads by firing single rds in a mag to bolt lock and then E-load with a 2 rd mag.
I'll work on transitions after that. Single rd with the AR and then transition to pistol and execute failure drills (1-Head/2-CenterOfMass). I do this for a whole 28 rd AR mag.

I'll mix in hammer drills in with Failure drills. All AR drills will start from Indoor ready (muzzle down pointing about 4-5" in front of my left foot)

This usually takes me about an Hour. Then if I have the range to myself, I'll move the tgts back to 25 yds and practice some shooting on the move drills (using a Pair of Tgts) and practice Box drills (2shots COM left tgt,2 shots COM Right tgt,1 shot -head right tgt and 1 shot-head left tgt) and failure drills. I then work in transitions on the move as well. This usually takes me another hour.

Other drills I like to do are
The Devils Drill. A very good drill I learned from Greg "Sully"Sullivan from Defensive Edge. I like it cause it's a good well rounded drill.
At 18 yds using your tgt of choice ( I use Homemade Cardboard IDPA tgts. I pencil in a 8" wide Rectangle for COM and an upside down triangle that's a little smaller then a 3"x5" Index card for the brainbox)

You start from Indoor ready with a 8 rd mag in your AR and a 16 rd in a pouch.
put 8 rds in the 8" COM from standing, change mag on way down to kneeling
put 8 rds on 8"COM and then drop to prone and put the last 8 rds in the 8"COM within 18 seconds.

All hits within the 8"COM Zone.

There are several Variations of this drill with Rd count and distance to the tgt. this is just one.

What I try to concentrate on the most is my manipulation and Handling skills. What I have found and have learned from guys smarter then me with way more experience (you know who you are..) is that any Bucket-head with an AR and some descent ammo can hit a tgt. What brings shooters to there knee's is handling and manipulation. Being able to work all the controls and do the things you want to do when you want to do them with speed and smoothness.

Not that I'm a great shooter , but if I have a pretty descent gun and some halfway descent ammo, I can sit in the prone off on a bench and pretty much hit what I want all day long. That is not the Skill I am after (cause frankly... I already have it...) I want the skill of speed and smoothness and the ability to manipulate my Pistol and Carbine and execute what ever function I need to do (Reload, malfunction clearance,etc) And make good solid hits on my targets at the drop of a hat in any condition (Light /low light, rain, snow,etc).

I try to mix up my Solo training with group training with like minded shooters (which I am VERY fortunate to know a great group of guys I can do this with ...You know who you are as well..)

For me the name of the game is quality vs. high rd counts. Practice the fundamental drills to ingrain consistency.

As One very wise Instructor always say's "Practice does not make perfect... Practice makes permanent..."