Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 22 Compact thread protector disassembly

Feedback Score
    I got my adapter from EWK Arms for my compact and saw this tool linked below on the site so I got it. The tool to take the 622 barrel nut off had worked like a charm and I had heard the Compact's nut was tight so I got it.

I had found the company when I was searching for an adapter to suppress my S&W 622. I liked the quality so I went back when I got my compact.

The tool worked great. It wasn't cheap. It is very sturdy and a good size to hold on to. I was glad I got it after I saw how tight the factory nut was so it was worth the price to me.

http://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.ph...roducts_id=198

FYI - I have no ties to the owner of the company. He did answer questions I had about about the 622 adapter before I bought it via email and was helpful with that question.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That is where I got my adaptor, EWK arms. They didn't have the tool when I bought it, or I would have sprung for the $23. Also, the EWK adapter has a Allen key opening on the front to tighten the new adapter down.

Weird all this talk about baffle strikes. I had my fist baffle strike with this gun on my Spectre II. It was actually the end cap. I knew something was wrong because the gun sounded funny and the target was torn. SiLCo took care of it with no hassle, but none the less, it sucked. When It happened, I cursed the Compact and don't really trust it now. I never had a problem with my P22 or my M&P22. I'm going to try the Gemtech GM-22 on it and see if those two pieces of crap are made for each other, if not I will sell the Compact to someone that does not have any plans on owning a can.

Quote Originally Posted by BSAGCA View Post
    I got my adapter from EWK Arms for my compact and saw this tool linked below on the site so I got it. The tool to take the 622 barrel nut off had worked like a charm and I had heard the Compact's nut was tight so I got it.

I had found the company when I was searching for an adapter to suppress my S&W 622. I liked the quality so I went back when I got my compact.

The tool worked great. It wasn't cheap. It is very sturdy and a good size to hold on to. I was glad I got it after I saw how tight the factory nut was so it was worth the price to me.

http://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.ph...roducts_id=198

FYI - I have no ties to the owner of the company. He did answer questions I had about about the 622 adapter before I bought it via email and was helpful with that question.
    Last edited by firefighter37; 04-11-15 at 00:46.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post

.... Weird all this talk about baffle strikes. I had my fist baffle strike with this gun on my Spectre II. ...
    I haven't had a problem using my Element 2 on my compact.

Have any idea if it is the threads on the barrel or the adapter's threads? You may have gotten a bad adapter. Maybe contact EWK to see if they will ship another adapter to test that angle with a rod or the Gemtech. May be worth a shot.

I forgot to add the ewk adapter was a lot easier with them cutting in the with allen shape in the adapter.

Feedback Score
    I have the twin tech adapter (with SiCO o-ring specs) on mine. Very satisfied so far. I prefer it's method of tightening/loosening better than both the Silencer and EWK offerings.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-11-15 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I have the twin tech adapter (with SiCO o-ring specs) on mine. Very satisfied so far. I prefer it's method of tightening/loosening better than both the Silencer and EWK offerings.
    I've been curious about the twin tech adapters, I haven't seen a lot written about them. It looks like they just continue the diameter of the barrel all the way forward instead of flaring out like the other adapters do:
    http://www.twintechtactical.com/M-P-Comp-22.html

The other adapters flare out to take up the slop in the slide, so is that an issue with the twin tech? And how snug is the o-ring engagement compared to the other adapters?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf24 View Post
    I've been curious about the twin tech adapters, I haven't seen a lot written about them. It looks like they just continue the diameter of the barrel all the way forward instead of flaring out like the other adapters do:
    http://www.twintechtactical.com/M-P-Comp-22.html

The other adapters flare out to take up the slop in the slide, so is that an issue with the twin tech? And how snug is the o-ring engagement compared to the other adapters?
    Here it is (on the right, and then bottom) compared to the SiCo adapters on my M&P 22 and GSG 1911-22:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-12-15 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    Here it is (on the right, and then bottom) compared to the SiCo adapters on my M&P 22 and GSG 1911-22:
    This is silencerco's adapter:
    AC875.jpg

You can see it flares a little from where it screws on the barrel to where the suppressor screws on.

This is twin tech's adapter:
    DSCN1240.jpg

No flare, which seems like it would be a problem since the barrel opening in the front of the slide would have more play with the twin tech vs the silencerco adapter (or the thread cap that came with the gun). Do you have a picture of the twin tech adapter on the barrel with the slide off, or locked back far enough to show what the barrel/adapter interface looks like?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that. Since the adapter isn't flared, it looks like there's a lot of slack at the front of the slide. If you try to wiggle the slide, it'll probably have a lot more play than with the thread cap that came with the gun (or a flared adapter). Since there's nothing to center the front of the slide (and hence front sight), what's accuracy like when shooting suppressed?

Feedback Score
    Never really had any problems. It's had several hundred rounds through it, but most have been by my son (8) and some friends. No real bullseye type target shooting. Just blasting zombie targets, bottles and cans. 25 yards or less. It definitely functions fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast