Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Movement in open area while engaged

Feedback Score
    I don't think the OP said it explicitly, but I took the scenario to mean a good guy with against a bad guy with a rifle on a flat hard surface. The lethality and hit rate of the rifle isn't going to go up much moving closer, but the hit rate of the handgun will- though as people have mentioned, moving decreases hit rate. Flat and hard, no real advantage to going prone, right? For a CCW, you often will not have a hi-cap mag. If you have eight shots, do you stand and try to get as many COM hits as possible?

Is there answer, or is it just a bad day?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I think in the end you go with what you have trained, practiced, and are comfortable with. If caught out in the open at 35 yards where both bad guy and I have pistols I would probably take my chances shooting it out right there knowing the odds of him being a better shot than me at 35 yards are slim (we all know that bad guys are incredibly lucky and seem to have magic bullets that heat speek LEO's somehow though).

If bad guy has rifle and I have pistol I'm probably going to run to create distance and make me a harder target to hit. I'm not going to shoot while running though. Run>>> find cover>>> shoot. A rifle vs pistol scenario is almost as bad as a pistol vs knife. The dude with the rifle would have to be pretty crappy or be having a real bad day for him to lose that fight.

A ton of scenarios out there, but I think if you're the CCW and an active shooter scenario occurs right in front of you and you only have around 8 rounds or a snubby revolver on you...If it is your intent on killing the bad guy I think the best chance would be to advance to close the distance for a better shot, that's IF, the shooter is distracted and not focused on you. If he is focused on you then it just may be a bad day for you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567