Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Magpul introduces Glock 19 15rd Mag!

Feedback Score
    No witness holes on the backside like OEM mags.

How many rounds to you have left? ....guess!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hot diggity. Gonna stock me up some G19 mags after I get my hands on their G17s as well.
    Kudos to Magpul.

Feedback Score
    I find it interesting there are so many complaints about the lack of witness holes when so many of us run AR mags with no windows. Am I missing something here?
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I find it interesting there are so many complaints about the lack of witness holes when so many of us run AR mags with no windows. Am I missing something here?
    People like the option? I don't see the big idea personally. Most witness holes to me are too small to be practical beyond administrative tasks. That could be me and I could be just using them wrong. But, also remember human nature. People have to have something to bitch about, because if there is no complaining then mutiny is likely brewing.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I don't know how reputable this site is but seems to be pretty legit, so heres a curveball:

http://www.guns.com/2015/04/16/magpu...we-screwed-up/

Feedback Score
    I just got mine today put 150 rd s through them had no issues. I did have trouble putting17 rounds in but it sat with the slide closed and Fed every time
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    I just received 6 of the GL9 17 mags from rainier arms and 2 had feeding issues and allowing the slide the fully slam home. Apparently, MagPul is aware and shipping out replacement bodies that have had the issues taken care of with retooling.
    Last edited by jnr4817; 04-16-15 at 22:26. Reason: Edit

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I am somewhat assuming they will be on par with the AR mags. I just have a thing where, other than 1911 mags, I don't trust non-OEM mags for my semi-autos.
    If non-OEM includes Mec-Gar, then I fear there may be an issue here.

I have no problem trusting Mec-Gar magazines for SiGs, Berettas, and BHPs. But then again, Mec-Gar is the (or a) OEM producer for some or all of these companies magazines.

In any case, we may soon be reaching the point where OEM magazines are not the best magazines out there.

Although I suppose that this depends in large part on whether or not one calls Magpul's AR PMags OEM, considering the plethora of rifles (AKs, SR-25s, AR-15s) that ship with them nowadays.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If non-OEM includes Mec-Gar, then I fear there may be an issue here.

I have no problem trusting Mec-Gar magazines for SiGs, Berettas, and BHPs. But then again, Mec-Gar is the (or a) OEM producer for some or all of these companies magazines.

In any case, we may soon be reaching the point where OEM magazines are not the best magazines out there.

Although I suppose that this depends in large part on whether or not one calls Magpul's AR PMags OEM, considering the plethora of rifles (AKs, SR-25s, AR-15s) that ship with them nowadays.
    I agree. I had spare Mec-Gar magazines for my DA/SA S&W service pistols and I treated them like hammered dog shit. They never failed me.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I agree. I had spare Mec-Gar magazines for my DA/SA S&W service pistols and I treated them like hammered dog shit. They never failed me.
    Same with my old SIG. Two Mec Gar 15 rounders with my P228. Thousands of rounds. Inhumane abuse. They didn't bat an eye.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast